£15bn spending on English roads announced.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If only they'd properly maintain what we've already got, we might be able to complete a journey without hitting a pothole and trashing a tyre (and rim) or getting stonechips everywhere from the debris thrown up by other vehicles.

Colour me cynical, but isn't there an election in the offing?

Opposition parties have said this is----- quote "yet another re-announcement" on road improvements, and in reality "no additional money has been announced". In essence just a bit more detail on how money already allocated is to be spent. With the nation strapped for cash and any taxation/revenue increase regarded as political suicide all political parties seem to have adopted this re-announcement tactic counting on voters having short memories.:dk:

Part of that money was for a tunnel to be built at Stonehenge, yes another one, been talking about that for decades, don't hold your breath:D

They've been talking about the Stonehenge bypass since it was built.

And as for the Woodhead pass there's been hold ups there since **** Turpin's days and the promises of a bypass and dualling for about as long

Politicians after votes again that's all

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

£15b?? £14b of that on cones so they can place a 20 mile contraflow and work in only 100yds of that :(

According to local news reports in my area, these improvements aren't due to begin for another 4 to 5 years.....:doh:

Why do they have to do all this bullsh*t?

Why not just get the f job done which you are elected to do?

It's anecdotal but about 90% of freight moves by road and only 10% by rail yet there is all the political manoeuvrings to spend billions on HS rail to save a few minutes journey time for passengers whilst the road network crumbles around us. I would say the spending ratio is very much skewed in the wrong direction and a classic case of giving people what the politicians want.

Hardly anything new here - just the same old recycled promises about what will be done some time in the future after the next election. I see certain coalition partners are putting themselves about and trying to claim undeserved credit for the pie in the sky. They wonder why we are all so cynical and people don't even bother to vote.

Mr Grumpy :mad:

6 months away, so expect this announcement to be re-spun and re-announced about another 5 times...

5 months.

The first Thursday in May every five years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom