£25 for aircon recharge @ Kwik-Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
http://www.kwik-fit.com/about-air-conditioning.asp

Fairly cheap and I don't think they can do it wrong ;)

plus:

If we cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% when measured in degrees Celsius - then you pay nothing at all.*

* Please note if the ambient temperature around the car is less than 9 degrees Celsius it may affect the results of the AirCon recharge test results. In these circumstances, it is at the managers discretion whether to offer a refund with results less than 10%.

Cheers
Chris

http://www.kwik-fit.com/about-air-conditioning.asp

Fairly cheap and I don't think they can do it wrong ;)

plus:

If we cannot improve the coolest vent temperature from your car by more than 10% when measured in degrees Celsius - then you pay nothing at all.*

* Please note if the ambient temperature around the car is less than 9 degrees Celsius it may affect the results of the AirCon recharge test results. In these circumstances, it is at the managers discretion whether to offer a refund with results less than 10%.

Cheers
Chris

Difficult to prove them wrong at the moment though with it being so cold outside the vents will blow freezing air even if the aircon is stuffed!

Ollie at Prestige was doing it for that price last summer. No doubt if you ask nicely it might still be on offer.
I would MUCH rather have Ollie tinkering under my bonnet than some oik at KwikFit.

Ollie at Prestige was doing it for that price last summer. No doubt if you ask nicely it might still be on offer.
I would MUCH rather have Ollie tinkering under my bonnet than some oik at KwikFit.

Well, 100% agreed. The only problem is that from Exeter to Portsmouth (and back) I need extra £50 for diesel ;) And 6h at least!

Think about people "up north" ;)

(Just so people know- I'm not telling you guys to go there and recharge your aircon - I just wanted to share info about IMHO good price!)

Cheers
Chris

Good price ...

Make sure they charge it with the UV dye first , to see if there are any leaks .

So many cars ' just need a re-gas ' when in reality they need a new condensor , pointless paying for a re-charge if it's all going to leak out again in a few days ... UV check it first .

I got a free aircon service from my local main dealer (Tony Purslow) last year.

Had mine done at KwickFit - service was very good. They give you a printout of what came out and what went back in.

To be honest the guy does very little. The whole process is fully automatic and controlled by the machine.

Good price ...

Make sure they charge it with the UV dye first , to see if there are any leaks .

So many cars ' just need a re-gas ' when in reality they need a new condensor , pointless paying for a re-charge if it's all going to leak out again in a few days ... UV check it first .

They dont use dye to see if there is a leak but rather to see exactly where its leaking from once a leak has been diagnosed

They vacuum the system down to remove any old refrigerant and oil, if the vacuum stays steady then there is no leak if it doesnt they wont fill it back up with refrigerant

I had an exhaust from quickfit on my Omega.
A few gas guzzling months later the car failed the MOT.
Because of the exhaust!:mad:

They dont use dye to see if there is a leak but rather to see exactly where its leaking from once a leak has been diagnosed

They vacuum the system down to remove any old refrigerant and oil, if the vacuum stays steady then there is no leak if it doesnt they wont fill it back up with refrigerant

I must have misinderstood when it was explained to me then ... :eek:

I had my old CLK 320 refilled , it held the vacuum , so it was filled up , 2 days later it was gone again .... that was when the dye thing was explained to me.

I had my old CLK 320 refilled , it held the vacuum , so it was filled up , 2 days later it was gone again ....
Did smashing the front into the back of a Peugeot have anything to do with that...??

I must have misinderstood when it was explained to me then ... :eek:

I had my old CLK 320 refilled , it held the vacuum , so it was filled up , 2 days later it was gone again .... that was when the dye thing was explained to me.

I had both mine and a neighbours car done last year , i constantly pestered the guy with questions during the whole process partly due to me considering doing car valeting and offering this service at the same time( didnt tell him this:))

Apparently its illegal for them to discharge the gas to the atmosphere so they cant fill a system without checking its holding vacuum logically if its holding vacuum it cant have a leak but thats not to say there isnt a loose pipe that leaks when it moves under driving

The guy i spoke to said he was always suspicious if there is no gas left in the system , in 7 years mine had leaked 800grammes iirc

in the 3.5 years ive had gfp 2 ive never had the air con on let alone working

i did pay £60 to get gfp3 done before selling it and i thought that was a bargain

might get it done this week

cheers

At Kwik-Fit?

Cheers
Chris

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wouldnt let those monkeys anywhere near my cars

Had a mobile guy come out and do them each car took about 45mins-1 hour cost £50 a car.

He is based around Farnham Surrey but came out to me as i got a few cars for him to do to make it worthwhile

Just had mine done by Kwik-Fit. There is only one chap specially trained for the job at my local branch and he has done other cars I've had. Really don't see what the fuss is about as the machine does all the work.

in the 3.5 years ive had gfp 2 ive never had the air con on let alone working

If you have not used the air con for 3.5 years you probably will not be able to use it again.

The air con gas contains a lubricant & failure to use the air con on a regular basis results in expensive repair work. The system will be full of leaks and probably uneconomical to repair now.

Russ

If you have not used the air con for 3.5 years you probably will not be able to use it again.

The air con gas contains a lubricant & failure to use the air con on a regular basis results in expensive repair work. The system will be full of leaks and probably uneconomical to repair now.

Russ
As I found out on my Aston:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom