£27 for an MOT from September-December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd rather pay the full price at my local garage where I know they're not going to create work and if it needs a bulb, or, as on my daughters car a couple of mths ago, the headlamp beam adjusting, they'll just do it at no addtional cost.

Citroën UK Owner Services - Services - MOT offer

Any vehicle as long as its over 4 years old :thumb:

We are sorry sir but appears your baguette and cheese carrier has rusted through beyond economic repair and is a potential MOT failure. I know-- "merde!"---- but walk this way we have a special offer of 10,000 euros off the latest CITROEN C6---What do you mean "you can't give em away"
Sacre Bleu! You would think we were trying to temp you into the showroom with ze cheap marketing tricks---- Mon Dieu!---- Plume de ma Tante!--- etc etc;)

Last edited:
I learned the hard way many years ago of what to do with french cars - it is very simple - avoid them at all cost!

Thanks for posting that - I was going there anyway so thats a score saved .

I'd avoid 1/2 price mot's like the plague, an easy way to generate jobs for the garage if they 'find' something

This was September to December 2009

I'd avoid 1/2 price mot's like the plague, an easy way to generate jobs for the garage if they 'find' something
Or a way of making you think they're nice people so you may go back there. Well it worked on me. About three years ago I popped into our local MB dealer to browse their used cars. The salesman asked why I'd decided to look around that day and I told him it was because I was on my way home after getting my Porsche MoTd. When he asked why I didn't get the MoT done there I said that I didn't know they did MoTs, and more importantly the garage I went to had a special offer of £27. A little later the General Manager walked over for a quick chat (I must have looked like a wealthy punter!!) and asked the same question. When I told him what I'd paid for my MoT he said they'd do my next one for £27. They honoured that agreement a few months later on my CLK, passing it with no advisories and impressing me with their customer care. A couple of months later I was back there ordering a £45k car. Those nice touches and offers do work. We shouldn't be cynical about all of them

I had the same with an audi roof problem, had to go to the main dealer, they spent over 2 hours on it, couldn't find anything wrong, greased & reset it, only charged me for an hour, happened 3 months later, spent an hour on it, didn't charge me. I'd use them again.

I'd just be wary of the 1/2 price MOT offers as they seem an excuse to get people in & then any work you get done there as you don't pay for the re test. I had that & they charged me £12 for a headlight adjustment on a rover I had. They were ok before it went in but shining about 2' in front of the bumper after. Straight back the following day, got them to re adjust them then got my adjustment fee back.

The other local Audi dealer were awful though, I was overcharged, & obviously not a contract/company driver & the man in the service reception looked at me like I was something he'd trodden in

This thread is ore than 4 yrs old folks and i expect offer has ended. Hahhhh

I took my dads w202 to kwik fit for a £25 MOT after a 7 year spell on the driveway... didnt make up any work and the guy qas quite pleasant to deal with. I only went there because I'd taken my 4 year old Lexus for it's first MOT and they'd passed it without any drama. Although I've heard a lot of horror stories my experiences have been pretty good :)

just had mine done.. was apprehensive as 1st one since owning car.. £35. was told to get rid on the blue side lamps.. they did this for 86p and then said I could put blue ones back in soon as I left garage.. all good. had a natter about the tints as they thought the front ones on the car were a tad too dark.. but still passed.

I realise this thread is >4 years old, but given that it's risen from the dead...

Pit Start do an MOT for £35 - and any work they find, you can fix there and then (you, not them - it's a self service garage. They provide lifts/tools/space, you do the work). I've always quite liked that arrangement...

M.

Swift motors in Worthing do them for £35 and they have never invented work for me - despite having taken several old cars :thumb:

Halfords are still doing half price offer. Have never taken the car there before but it has recently had major service and I knew everything was fine on the car. Cost me £27.43:thumb:

Midland truck and vans coventry just did mine, Mercedes main dealers.
£35, it did fail on number plates but thats my fault with spacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom