'06 C220 W203- 2k revs is the limit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

localboy

Car
Mercedes C 220 cdi coupe sport
Hello all,

Thanks already to those who have posted on here- I've solved many problems with my car by reading this forum but have a new issue!

I have an 06 C220 CDI coupe (Auto), which has just reached 90k miles. Driving the other day, the gear changes didn't seem as smooth and constantly felt like I was "inbetween gears" if that makes sense. Then, on the motorway, when trying to accelerate, it became apparent that I couldn't get past 2000 revs, even with foot full to the floor.

I pulled over, switched off, turned back on and everything was fine again for the rest of the day and the next journey (Bristol to Birmingham).

But, it happened again last night- 10 days later, same symptoms and same solution (pull over, switch off, off we go again).

Does anybody have any theories before I put it into the garage? Timing is never great on these things, but it's also about to be sold, so keen to get it resolved before I start that process.

Thanks in advance.

Mine was my MAF and the inlet manifold stepper motor. stick it on a diagnostics would be your best bet.

Mine (CLS) went into limp home mode three times before it showed a CEL light , the LHM always reset if restarted but when the CEL light came on it had to go to the dealer to get a sensor replaced and the fault light reset.

The tech said that there were three previous faults logged prior to the CEL , he could see from the stored diagnostics results that the faults were all relating to the same sensor which was replaced. So it may be worth while paying for diagnostic check to pinpoint the reason that the car is going into LHM.

Kenny

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom