08 sprinter limted to 70

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

F.J.

Car
mercedes sprinter
Hi all

My first post regarding my new (to me) lwb sprinter. I didnt realise that they were limited and am curious to find out if the limit can be lifted? It is the 109bhp model if this helps, would having a chip fitted help this, not that im a speed freak just someone who gets frustrated with people who speed up in the middle lane while im trying to over take in the fast lane

Thanks

Dean

You can probably set a speed limit through the cluster (intended for winter tyres) ... are you sure it's not just that?

The speed limiter fitted to many commercial vehicles can be raised by someone with a star machine with developer mode.

On a S reg I used to drive you could override the limiter once you were travelling at the maximum limited speed by turning the engine off by the key for 5 seconds. It was one with a tacho and set to 55mph.

On the old type sprinter it could be done through basic functions on star. Now with sprinter 906's developer is needed

On a S reg I used to drive you could override the limiter once you were travelling at the maximum limited speed by turning the engine off by the key for 5 seconds. It was one with a tacho and set to 55mph.

That reminded me of a mate years ago. Driving down a hill he took the keys out to unlock the glove box to get something out, turned the wheel and 'clunk' on comes the steering lock..........few seconds later at the bottom of the hill BANG straight through the hedge :D

need star with developer mode or have it remapped with speed limiter removal.
if your down dorset way let me know, always happy to help

Thanks for the replies guy's and sorry for the late reply from myself. Ive been mega busy with work. A friend of mine has a pal who works for Enza and will plug my van in and remove it for a few beer tokens next time he gets to take the van home. Bonus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom