1/4mile and Perhaps Top speed List?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
merc85 said:
Just a note was also great to meet acej and his stunning AMG gt, Just got to wait for the vid's to upload sorry, The sound of that thing is something else.

Great to meet you too. Had a lot of trouble getting traction off the line but very chuffed with the top speed.

Attachments

• image-1844914800.jpg
    image-1844914800.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 30
Whats your best time acej? would like to add it to te list if ok?

1) 11.90 @ 117mph richardN20 Mercedes cl55k
2) 12.00 @ 127mph Acej AMG GTS
3) 12.20 @ 118.7mph Peter DLM Santa Pod E63
4) 12.80 @ 113mph JohnEBoy Mercedes E55K (Headers/CATs/Pulley/Remap)
5) 12.82 @ 107mph Bish Mercedes C32 (65mm Pulley and generic Map)
6) 12.97 @ 123mph andy27168 Mercedes cls55
7) 13.40 @ 105mph c36fan Mercedes w210 e55
8) 14.46 @ 100mph KeithJG Mercedes S203 C320 cdi V6 Sport Remap
9) 14.71 @ 93mph Herishi Merc es211 280cdi cooler / custom map
10) 15.20 @ 93mph merc85 Mercedes s211 e320 cdi (Larger cooler,MapExhaust)
11) 15.20 @ 88mph dieselc220 Mercedes w211 e320 cdi Larger cooler,k&n,Map,Exhaust,Secondary decat
12) 9.87 @ 140mph Euro Car Parts Peugeot Bipper

The w116 did well i thought 15.5 @90mph dam good going, looked very tidy.

That is a great time.

That surface is slippery as fook - even on a day where it is the temperature of the sun!

If it was like the surface on a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway not far from where I live, I reckon we'd all slash 1 second of our respective times and increase the TV probably 10mph each... :bannana:

That is a great time.

That surface is slippery as fook - even on a day where it is the temperature of the sun!

If it was like the surface on a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway not far from where I live, I reckon we'd all slash 1 second of our respective times and increase the TV probably 10mph each... :bannana:

To me it does look as though the strong tailwind (flags flying in video) would counteract that?

KeithJG said:
To me it does look as though the strong tailwind (flags flying in video) would counteract that?

The wind was blowing from right to left most of the day. But dropped a lot by mid afternoon.

What ever the conditions it was a fun day.

Ive got a couple more vids but struggling to up load atm, Seriously acej you should be way proud of your Gt, Looked awesome, went like **** lol and Sounded the absolute Mutts buddy. :) :)

Yes wind was quite strong blowing across the runway , was a awesome day and was great seeing some proper performance cars racing. Your's for me deffo stole the show.

merc85 said:
Ive got a couple more vids but struggling to up load atm, Seriously acej you should be way proud of your Gt, Looked awesome, went like **** lol and Sounded the absolute Mutts buddy. :) :) Yes wind was quite strong blowing across the runway , was a awesome day and was great seeing some proper performance cars racing. Your's for me deffo stole the show.

your to kind thanks, and I am a very proud owner ;-). She performed very well on the day.

Sorry for the dodgy commentary i got a little excited from the result of my Herishi's run :/ lol

1st run was a c230k vs a Bmw 335d then Herishi's e280 cdi vs 2015 Focus st lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSvBaPZU6_I
Acej ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJzL7K9ye8

Hi gav did Herishi ' s use the hold function and then press tge loud pedal or left foot brake and give it some revs and let go or just right foot on brake then onto throttle. ? Just curious as he smoked that St and looks like he could of gone faster.

Herishi, did a 15.02, 14.97, 14.88 and 14.79 all 90-95 Terminal. He just used the Hold function, Traction off produced the Best time as it was holding it back under wheel spin.

We adjusted the tyre pressures as we went because of the surface, Rears ended up being dropped to 28psi and 38psi on the front.

The tyre temps. are the most important as i went around a few roundabouts with the traction off to clean and heat the rears up. Pressures are std.

Being a C class and lighter the wheels spin even with traction off or on resulting in a jerk and the light flashing.

So i just use my instinct and leave the traction on and press the throttle very quickly but firmly and not just suddenly.

All the ways you would think would work...don`t with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom