100 Years of BMW - Mercedes Offer to BMW Employees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks genuine to me. Perhaps the Germans are developing British humour.

It looks genuine to me. Perhaps the Germans are developing British humour.

I will believe that when I hear

'Don't mention the war, I did but I think I got away with it'.

Do you remember the comedy series "Allo, Allo"? It was dubbed (or maybe subtitled) in German and broadcast in Germany, where it was very popular. Amazing.

Do you remember the comedy series "Allo, Allo"? It was dubbed (or maybe subtitled) in German and broadcast in Germany, where it was very popular. Amazing.

Not really since it took the p1$$ out of everyone involved (especially the British)!

Maybe they'll try to headhunt their staff given they have to provide employee ID.

Or maybe it's to piss on BMW's parade celebrating 100 years by reminding them they've been around 30 years longer.

BTB 500 said:
I asked Mrs BTB (who is German) and she couldn't decide!

Mrs 203 ( also German) couldn't decide either !
I remember the bosses of both companies being interviewed on TV 10 years ago ( or so), both complementary of one another's products.
Personally I think it's sincere as the Schwaben, known for being tight, only offered a lunch to the first 50 employees who turn up lol! On the up side, at least Benz bung a mirror on the passenger side as standard these days and carpets are no longer an option either!

They didn't offer this to Audi employees though . Perhaps that's the thing ! RWD club only.

Maybe they'll try to headhunt their staff given they have to provide employee ID.

Or maybe it's to piss on BMW's parade celebrating 100 years by reminding them they've been around 30 years longer.

Yep, looks like a 'subtle reminder' that 'we were first' ;)

Taking the mickey but I bet they will follow through with the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom