14 plate CLS350 SB salvage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3 days still to go, be interesting to see what it will go for

Interesting, was wondering if as a CAT D car and known water/ flood damage if the new car warranty would still apply......:confused:

ATB

Interesting, was wondering if as a CAT D car and known water/ flood damage if the new car warranty would still apply......:confused:

ATB

I think if it came to the crunch with the law, M-B would have to support the warranty provided any warranty claim is not directly or indirectly due to the possible damage caused by flooding. In reality the only view to take is that the warranty is null & void.

Hhmmmm, nothing worse than a water damaged car.

Finding cause of faults can be like chasing a ghost and quite often problems may not present themselves for some time after water damage has occurred.

Hhmmmm, nothing worse than a water damaged car.

Finding cause of faults can be like chasing a ghost and quite often problems may not present themselves for some time after water damage has occurred.

Never a truer word spoken. I bought one once (it seemed dry), sealed it up in a garage and left a dehumidifier run for a week, the amount of water that came out was surprising and still had an issue with the electrics.

Seems like a risky purchase to me... But I don't imagine it'll sell for anywhere near it's original price! Good luck to the buyer! :)

Strange ... Wonder what the story is on how it was damaged. Water damage can mean so much ... Bit vague?

STAR report would be an absolute minimum, but as others have said with water damage could have electrical/intermittent/hidden faults.

Would it not have to be substantial (money wise) damage to get it CAT D, considering the value of the vehicle?

Strange ... Wonder what the story is on how it was damaged. Water damage can mean so much ... Bit vague?

Shagging on the beach! :D

Drove it into a swimming pool. Lol rock and roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom