1800bhp and 1475lb ft of torque anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
The new Koenigsegg ‘Regera'

Koenigsegg Regera is 1800bhp of mad - BBC Top Gear

"The Regera is rear wheel drive only, so 0-62mph takes a relatively tardy 2.7 seconds. "We can't go any faster than that because of traction," Christian says. 0-186mph takes 12 seconds flat, while 0-250mph takes under 20 seconds. It'll go from 93mph to 155mph in just 3.2 seconds, and top out at 255mph"

Will they take kidneys and a liver in part-ex I wonder?

Just when you think there can't be yet another way for a door to open ...........

I just saw this in Geneve it looks amazing. I would say the car of the show. No transmission? I am not able to understand it but it sounds like the future.

It has sensors to stop the doors from hitting other cars or curbs.

Last edited:
Where's the point in 1800hp when it will never be driven with the commitment of this with one sixth of the power?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R7ws741KpE

Last edited:
Just get a 1800hp GTR ;P. It may have a "few" more problems but its still quite cheap compared, of course if you have the guts to do it which I certainly don't.

Okay, I'm not an automotive engineer, but the Regera's transmission doesn't really make sense to me. For a start, it's entirely dependent on the electric motors but I can't see how the system charges the batteries when it's running low. Secondly, no matter how much "torque filling" you have, a direct link between the engine and the wheels means that the engine is rarely ever going to be operating at its optimum output. Basically, it's a similar setup to Bonneville streamliners - great for top speed, not so practical for a road car.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but Koenigsegg has a history of making claims about his cars that aren't always born out by reality. I very much suspect that by the time the Regera reaches paying customers the attention grabbing transmission will have been replaced with a more conventional gearbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom