19" amg cl w215 splits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Snapped bolts and others spinning - "no problem for a professional or a diy hobbyist".... yes if they have an engineering firm to insert new threads .... if a few are spining they have been over tightened so the others are probably the same.... could be one very expensive set of wheels once you're finished!!!!

no 4-5 other's spinning!! not the whole lot.i am going back round them tomorrow to be more accurate and to be quite honest with you if i was a b4stard i wouldnt mention that at all but because i am honest i have mentioned it in the listing,sounds very fair to me.also 99p no reserve i dont care if they go for £100 so be it so someone could end up with a bargain.
a diy hobbyist in this field(plenty out there on various forums) can sort no problems all it takes is drilling out and a helicoil.bolt back in with 242 loctite. back to normal again.

no 4-5 other's spinning!! not the whole lot.i am going back round them tomorrow to be more accurate and to be quite honest with you if i was a b4stard i wouldnt mention that at all but because i am honest i have mentioned it in the listing,sounds very fair to me.also 99p no reserve i dont care if they go for £100 so be it so someone could end up with a bargain.
a diy hobbyist in this field(plenty out there on various forums) can sort no problems all it takes is drilling out and a helicoil.bolt back in with 242 loctite. back to normal again.

Fair enough, but I'd be very careful selling them to anyone who does not know what they are doing.... they need checking very carefully... all just in my opinion of course, but one has to ask why some of the bolts are in that state? Anyway good luck with the sale.

i do agree these wheels have really boiled my p1ss to be fair. i brought them last year and when they arrived i looked at them,one bolt had glue around it so i checked it and it snapped clean off so it was held on with the glue,not a happy bunny to say the least then when i found that 4-5 other bolts were spinning i just left them at the lock up and forgot about them for a while as i was so angry and annoyed with the situation.
the "wheel refurber" seller didnt want to know and claimed i had done all the damage myself (nice guy eh?)
i wouldnt imagine anyone in there right mind would just bolt them onto a car and think they are safe i certainly wouldnt.
im going to amend the advert tomorrow with the correct amount of spinning bolts.i will also point out that these shouldnt be bolted straight onto a car.hopefully the illiterate meatheads on ebay can comprehend.
but all in all this is a relatively common fault on split rims due to the titanium bolts and alloy rims,there's alot worse out there

No worries and apologies if I sounded off hand earlier, I could have worded my response better. Just you can't be too careful with wheels like this. It would be interesting to know what they are worth in A1 condition as then you have a benchmark for what they are worth now.

Sorry to hear the 'wheel refurber' fobbed you off like that, those sort of people want locking up frankly as someone less astute than yourself could have just stuck them on their car!

I would be careful selling the wheels like that. Get them fixed or scrap them.

I can buy them off you at £100 tomorrow if you're really not that fussed about the price. I will try to get them fixed and keep as a spare set for winter. No responsibility to yourself and no questions asked. Let me know if this works.

nah forget it no problem i guess im a tad touchy when it comes to these bloody wheels,but every now and then "you get served a kipper" and these are it!! i guess as im an honest guy i expect the same treatment but there's alot of scum out there and you have to be vigilant unfortunately.
last set i saw for sale in the u.k went for a touch under a grand although they had all of there bolts but were heavily kurbed and the stainless steel lips are extemely difficult to come by for these.
i got them relatively cheap so im hoping i get close to what i paid then forget about the whole saga.lesson learnt.
over in germany a good set will see 1750-2000. amg splits always command a decent price

Could you helicoil them ? If there's not too many , surely wouldn't affect it too much.

Titanium touch in Germany do new fasteners

Pertsch & Partner Onlineshop - Felgenschrauben von Pertsch & Partner GmbH

i would make a right mess of them,my diy skills stop at ikea flatpack furniture,i was going to take them to a mate in norwich with all of the necessary machines and tools but as said i just want rid,cheers for the link though i can pass them onto whoever buys them

Mabz I know someone who can probably fix these, he advertises on Facebook and is very well known round cambridge. I'll pm you now!

Mabz I know someone who can probably fix these, he advertises on Facebook and is very well known round cambridge. I'll pm you now!

Share it here so someone else who looks for helicoil can use him too.

If only I had asked on here when I first got them I could have had them fixed and long gone!

He uses Facebook and goes by rusty rimz... I don't know exactly what he can do but I know he drills out bbs replicas and puts proper bolts in to make them more realistic which I'm guessing would be the same.

His work I looks great! I had a look through his pictures and the quality of the finished product looks good he's getting back to me with a quote once I find out how many are exactly spinning which I'm going to do now as I have the day off

He did my deep dish multispokes, there are pictures on his Facebook, they are fantastic!!!!!!

yeah i thought i recognised them they will look sweet against the silver.
ive just been around the wheels and updated the ebay ad turns out
1 wheel has 2 bolts spinning
1 wheel has 1 bolt spinning
and 1 wheel has 1 snapped bolt so not as bad as i first thought. getting a qoute to fix them then they will be good to go however i will stick a reserve price on them when they are done.

Glad you're selling even if they get fixed.
We had a set of these on the CL500 and then tried them on a W220 and they look ugly!! One of the terrible AMG designs IMO.

havent seen them on anything other than a r230 sl (which looked good) and obviously a cl which i think look great but yes i agree they would look a bit bolshy on some cars especially if they have small calipers and disks then that would look pretty weird as there's alot of space in between each spoke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom