19" AMG Style III REAR Alloy for W219 CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
One of mine is cracked beyond repair :(

low3.jpg

Anyone got a spare? doesn't have to be in good nick but needs to be weld free, crack/dentless

Cheers!

Does anyone have the part number to hand? the car is at my Indy and im trying to source one instead of £500 for a brand new one.

You been drifting it again Karl?? :D

You been drifting it again Karl?? :D

haha no chance.

This model of Alloy are made out of old Kit-Kat wrappers it seems.

Longshot, you wouldnt happen to have a photo of the rear of one of your rear alloys confirming the part number by any chance?

I have heard that that particular style alloys is prone to bending and cracking. :eek:

The ones I had did - and I had them done properly and even one of them went again once I had sold them.

They didn't have a hard life under my ownership so they must be made of expanded polystyrene.

:doh:

Sourced a pair for dirt cheap - need a clean up though

Cheers to Mabz for the link

haha no chance.

This model of Alloy are made out of old Kit-Kat wrappers it seems.

Longshot, you wouldnt happen to have a photo of the rear of one of your rear alloys confirming the part number by any chance?

Mine are AMG IV s but I'll check the brochure when I get home.

The ones I had did - and I had them done properly and even one of them went again once I had sold them.

They didn't have a hard life under my ownership so they must be made of expanded polystyrene.

:doh:

The other one went as well John, it was found when I had the wheels refurbed :crazy:
Though it was both the fronts, both rears are ok (touch wood).

I wonder if that is due to the quality of repair or just something that will always happen?

The crack was exactly where the previous repair was, as was the other crack I found on the other front wheel.
The guy who repaired the first wheel reckoned that the original repair hadn't been prepared sufficiently before welding and hadn't taken it to the end of the original crack.
Not being conversant with the pros/cons of alloy welding I couldn't comment on it but it hasn't cracked again "YET" (Fingers crossed).

The crack was exactly where the previous repair was, as was the other crack I found on the other front wheel.
The guy who repaired the first wheel reckoned that the original repair hadn't been prepared sufficiently before welding and hadn't taken it to the end of the original crack.
Not being conversant with the pros/cons of alloy welding I couldn't comment on it but it hasn't cracked again "YET" (Fingers crossed).

I'm sure you already knew but I used Lepsons.

I'm disappointed they didn't do the repair job that well and they didn't last.

Wasn't cheap for me to repair them - especially given what you said you paid!

This was the damage

Attachments

• IMG-20160513-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160513-WA0000.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 13
Looks like one of my (now Andy's) fronts before I had it repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom