190 Evo wheels Nos only three though!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The EVO wheels are 8j not 7.5j. Those are the versions fitted the the SL and others and are not ultra rare in any way.

Chancers,Chancers,3 wheels? as fitted to Del boys van?.

Love this bit:

'' (These spare wheels were ordered for a Mercedes 190e EVO Evolution ll as spares at the customers request to match the car they hoped to purchase. Unfortunately for the customer he didn't get allocated one of only 500 cars produced worldwide, of which only 5 cars ever were ever officially sold by Merceces-Benz UK for £40,000.00 when new... now the cars sell for upwards of £50k for a average car up to £175,000.00 for a mint example. So, because these wheels were never collected - you won't ever find any in this condition!! ''

What a load of bullocks !!

10/10 for imagination and creative writing though:thumb:

The EVO wheels are 8j not 7.5j. Those are the versions fitted the the SL and others and are not ultra rare in any way.

8.25" if we're being picky. 7.5s are W203 fitment, too narrow for a 129. Even 129-fitment winter steelies are 8" wide.

Haha, I sent the seller a message saying that and he responded with:

"thanks for your superior knowledge and education, but i worked for Mercedes and these have EVO stamped on them... 7.5J were front fitment, 8.5J were rears not 8J!"

Genuine 8 1/4 cegnius have gone up in value quite a bit of late due to them being NLA from Mercedes, a brand new set went for 1800 euro on ebay.de a while back. Values have also increased because the cheap 7 1/2 matt grey version are also NLA . The only version left from mb are the slk option which are also 7 1/2 wide but even those are 250 each which is cheaper than this guy wants ! I think these are the slk ones as they don't seem to be diamond cut

Last edited:
I think these are the slk ones as they don't seem to be diamond cut

Indeed you could be correct as I've my doubts that those particular eBay ones are OE front EVOII's. The again, the advert is so dire that an unsuspecting punter could be under the misapprehension that EVOII's were fitted with 7 1/2's all round.

Haha, I sent the seller a message saying that and he responded with:

"thanks for your superior knowledge and education, but i worked for Mercedes and these have EVO stamped on them... 7.5J were front fitment, 8.5J were rears not 8J!"

What a muppet and yet he doesn't know that the real 201 evo alloys have 201 part numbers
Also I don't think the B part numbers existed in 92 but he should know that since he worked at the dealers

He's just plain wrong evo 2s had 8 1/4 all round due to the mad kit. There have been many sets that have been "put together" with 7 1/2 fronts and 8 1/4 rears as the 8 1/4 don't really fit the front of a standard 190 / valver very well.

I have one of these wheels with the A1704011702 PN on the back. I'd be tempted to buy his wheels to make a nice set if they weren't more than the dealer wanted me to pay.

P1020512.jpg

P1020510.jpg

I believe he worked at Mercedes, he's about as ignorant as most MB employees.

Yep thats the ones - when I was after a set of the cheap matt ones, I rang alloy wheels direct and they made some calls and it was them that told me the 8 1/4 are NLA and the Matt ones are NLA and its only the ones above that are available - the price has gone up a bit since then ! They had had a rush on the matt ones because the price had dropped from 700 quid to 450 quid !!! But the MB stock all went so I missed out

I'm bored with them now anyway got my eyes on something similar in a 18" if the nice German bloke will actually send them to me ....

The collective knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks chaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom