190e Temerature gauge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
Good evening guys, I have searched the forum threads but can't get an answer. My 1.8 190e temperature gauge is always on the low side, generally around 40 - 70 degrees. There are no driving issues at all but I would have though it should be at least 80 - 100 degrees especially when in traffic and long journeys. Should I change the thermostat? Can this be a problem?

Hi.

I would change the thermostat and give the coolant a flush and change.

Thank you will try that. Does it affect the car if te thermostat runs cool.

The engine won't be running at it's optimum performance when it's not fully up to temp. It will use more fuel and cause more engine wear.

Mine runs at around 85 degrees with a new thermostat installed

Good evening guys, I have searched the forum threads but can't get an answer. My 1.8 190e temperature gauge is always on the low side, generally around 40 - 70 degrees. There are no driving issues at all but I would have though it should be at least 80 - 100 degrees especially when in traffic and long journeys. Should I change the thermostat? Can this be a problem?

sound to me like the cooling fan is staying on

sound to me like the cooling fan is staying on

A distinct possibility, probably caused by someone by-passing a failed thermo switch which was causing overheating. It's a far more common problem than the thermostat on the 102 engine.

Bought the thermostat today and new seals etc, till out the three bolts on the thermostat cover, nice and easy I thought but the thermostat won't come out, I took out the black rubber seal and tried to lift, twist etc but I can't get the thermostat out... Any suggestions as I don't want to damage anything else

Can't get it out!!!!

Tried tried and tried again but the thermostat won't turn or pull out :( also noticed this sensor just behind it as it was a bit loose. Seems to have white paste in it, any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom