1957 sls off old 300 sl for sale more expensive than current sls models??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of my all time favourites. That one needs serious money spent on it.

It's expensive because it's old and rare, and that demands a high price for those with the money.

I too, like the OP (probably), aren't into classic cars. I just don't get it. I wouldn't want an old car full stop, and certainly wouldn't pay more for one.

Even the "legendary" e-type jag, I just think it looks like a catfish. It's mildly pretty, but has no features, isn't that fast given it's engine size and will fold in half in an accident, which is more likely as it's no tech to keep you on the road.

It's expensive because it's old and rare, and that demands a high price for those with the money.

I too, like the OP (probably), aren't into classic cars. I just don't get it. I wouldn't want an old car full stop, and certainly wouldn't pay more for one.

Even the "legendary" e-type jag, I just think it looks like a catfish. It's mildly pretty, but has no features, isn't that fast given it's engine size and will fold in half in an accident, which is more likely as it's no tech to keep you on the road.

:dk::dk::dk::doh::doh::doh:

Can you people not speak? Do you go around day to day communicating with emoticons and utterances??

I gave my opinion, I didn't need some guy facepalming like I've just said something ridiculous. It's an opinion, that's all.

Can you people not speak? Do you go around day to day communicating with emoticons and utterances??

I gave my opinion, "What an offensive comment you tool". I didn't need some guy facepalming like I've just said something ridiculous. It's an opinion, that's all.

And so eloquently expressed with reference to garage implements :rolleyes:

Finally some words!

I thought given that it's a car forum, that the calling him a tool was slightly more polite than some other things I could have called him.

How dare someone quote you, and respond with emoticons that basically say "wtf have you just said" and "what a ridiculous comment".

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. If it doesn't align with yours/his, shrug your shoulders and move on, or have a constructive back and forth about it. Don't just post some emoticons that suggest I'm an idiot for having an opinion.

Finally some words!

I thought given that it's a car forum, that the calling him a tool was slightly more polite than some other things I could have called him.

How dare someone quote you, and respond with emoticons that basically say "wtf have you just said" and "what a ridiculous comment".

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. If it doesn't align with yours/his, shrug your shoulders and move on, or have a constructive back and forth about it. Don't just post some emoticons that suggest I'm an idiot for having an opinion.

Perhaps when you've been around this board a little longer you'll see that it's an fairly common, and inoffensive, means of communication. Maybe you need a chill pill.

I'm a programmer, I spend most of my time on the internet, own several forums myself and have contributed to the development of several bulletin board platforms, this one included. I don't need to be told about internet etiquette. Thank you.

I'm a programmer, I spend most of my time on the internet, own several forums myself and have contributed to the development of several bulletin board platforms, this one included. I don't need to be told about internet etiquette. Thank you.

I give up.

Too much merlot with the roast this afternoon ? ;)

What's wrong with you people? I was offended by the way someone responded to my opinion, then others come to have a go, then all kinds of aspersions are cast about whether or not I'm a drunken lager lout?

But that's the MB forum way isn't it? Someone says something that doesn't align with general opinion and everyone gangs up on them, with winks, nods, thumb and thanks.

What's wrong with you people? I was offended by the way someone responded to my opinion, then others come to have a go, then all kinds of aspersions are cast about whether or not I'm a drunken lager lout?

But that's the MB forum way isn't it? Someone says something that doesn't align with general opinion and everyone gangs up on them, with winks, nods, thumb and thanks.

When will you understand that it is not what you said but the way you said it???

Chill dude it's only an internet forum. Care less about what you read and even less about whether anyone agrees with what you write. None of it actually matters anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom