1978 Mercedes 350sl FULL LORINSER 53,000 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is one tasty R107, love the wheels too !

Very nice. Usually think body kitted R107's look wrong, but that looks really nice. And those wheels are fantastic!

I like that a lot.
Wonder what the reserve is?

gorgeous car wish i had the money for that!! i wonder what the reserve is on this and would be interesting to see what it sells for in the end?

Its been said already but I'll say it again - those wheels :rock:

Sexing up OEM wheels is the way to go. If only someone could tell the Max Power brigade!

Its been said already but I'll say it again - those wheels :rock:

Sexing up OEM wheels is the way to go. If only someone could tell the Max Power brigade!

Totally agree - they look stock... but they're not.

Shame they would never fit a post '86 SL with the very different offset.

Why wouldn't they fit post 86 sl? They fit nicely on the 126s. I remember my dad having a set of these on his 500sel in the late 80s.

saw this earlier on ebay,as said above about the wheels they are certainly special and should be standard on 107's they look that good.im on the fence with the bodykit,some angles it looks great and others it looks out of place imo.still its a beauty

Tastefully done! Would like to see what other toys the owner has in various countries!

Why wouldn't they fit post 86 sl? They fit nicely on the 126s. I remember my dad having a set of these on his 500sel in the late 80s.

The offset on these is totally wrong for the later hubs which stick out more. Not sure if you can get a set with less of a dish that might fit, but the ones that look like they fit (off the W124) don't clear the 4 pots on the front (although spacers might help).

Shame as I would like a set of 16's and this style of Lorinsers or the later R129 16's in the same style as the stock 15's are the only ones I would consider.

I'm not a big fan of 107s and I agree most modified ones look pretty grim. But that one is nice ... despite being white :D

Being a recent conversion rather than an original would presumably affect the value to some extent? But it looks well done.

The offset on these is totally wrong for the later hubs which stick out more. Not sure if you can get a set with less of a dish that might fit, but the ones that look like they fit (off the W124) don't clear the 4 pots on the front (although spacers might help).

Shame as I would like a set of 16's and this style of Lorinsers or the later R129 16's in the same style as the stock 15's are the only ones I would consider.

Original 15 holes are et25. The 8j version of this wheel is et11 and the 9j is et22...so should fit easily...can't see the brakes fouling bigger wheels that stick out further?

Horrible. All SLs pre-R129 should be left standard IMO.

Original 15 holes are et25. The 8j version of this wheel is et11 and the 9j is et22...so should fit easily...can't see the brakes fouling bigger wheels that stick out further?

Something about the 4 pot calipers sticking out further and fouling the spokes rather than taller and fouling the rim. Only what I've read!

Would 9j's not foul the arches too? 16's on an R107 are usually 7.5J

Just came across this thread. This car pped up in an auction in dublin last month.thankfully no reserve. I bought it not what I was looking for but hav'nt stopped smiling since

Congratulations! I can't resist that look for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom