1999 C200 Electronic Issues - intermittent engine start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexandrafaith

Car
C200 Elegance Auto
Hello,

I'm hoping I may get some pointers as to what may be going wrong with my 1999 C200 Elegance Auto.

The battery was replaced middle of January this year after I managed to run it flat. After coming back from a week's holiday this month every now and then the car will have issues with starting. I recorded a video of said startup where the lights on the dashboard dull and the startup eventually cuts out. Sometimes takes up to three attempt to fire up the car.

When the car does start up, I have noticed that the rear window behind my drivers seat opens by about an inch.

I am wondering whether there is anything that may be causing the battery to drain whilst not in use that may be affecting startup and causing the window (!) to open by itself.

Thanks in advance.

If the alarm siren sounded off for 30 seconds and hazards flashed for 3 minutes and the Red LED flashes on the alarm switch when the car is locked with remote fob then the alarm is likely to be ok.

This might be a rear door control module problem, see… http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/87749-w202-c200-electric-window-issue.html

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom