2 Lines Coming From Fuel Pimp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kceire

Car
W163 ML 270 CDi
Guys,

One of the pipes popped off the other day and the car conked out.
Diesel everywhere!

One of the pipes coming off the high pressure fuel pump and into a T piece sheared off. I'm assuming it had snapped before on a previous owner and they done a DIY fix. It kinda goes plastic to rubber.

I reconnected the pipes and cable tied them in place but want to do a permanent fix.
Can anyone shed some light on what pipe I need to buy?

It's a 2002 ML270 CDI.

If standing at the front of the engine bay looking at the phone, it's the pipe on the left side that is temporary joined.

I've attached a photo which I hope helps.

Attachments

• IMG_7977.jpg
    IMG_7977.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 37
Another pic

Attachments

• IMG_7978.jpg
    IMG_7978.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 41
Part no I have is A6120703232 as of model year 2002 cost arounf £35 plus VAT from INCHAPE best from your MB dealer with your chassis no as there was a change 2001-2002

Had the same problem on my ML 2005CDI but got a pipe for 1200USD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you do replace it make sure it is secured in the clip under the HP pump. If you don't it can rub against the auxiliary belt and you will end up buying it twice (Guess how I know this!!!)
Probably a good idea to order a new clip at the same time as it will be brittle and likely to break.

I read that in a Peter Sellers voice ;)

When you do replace it make sure it is secured in the clip under the HP pump. If you don't it can rub against the auxiliary belt and you will end up buying it twice (Guess how I know this!!!)
Probably a good idea to order a new clip at the same time as it will be brittle and likely to break.

Probably why is popped off in the first place!
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom