2001 CLK 230 Auto Gearbox shift / kickdown problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ala

Car
clk 230
Hi All,

I apologise for the "bad form" of the first post being a "please help" post but I have only just acquired a 2001 CLK 2.3K Cabriolet and it has a problem. Upon purchasing the car I assumed it would be an easy fix. Having searched the internet and these forum pages I am concluding that perhaps it will not be an easy fix after all!

Essentially the problem is with my gearbox on the CLK. A fault DTC of P0700 had been stored (indicative of more problems elsewhere it seems) relating to the gearbox. The gearbox itself will not shift into top gear without the rather brutal practice of placing the car into Neutral and then sticking it back in drive while the vehicle is moving. The car will also not kick down.

Anybody have any ideas? I think I am best to take a trip somewhere and get some Star diagnostics performed.. at least that way I may have a clearer idea. I think I am just weighing up either diagnosing and repairing the current box vs. simply purchasing a second hand box.

Sorry to waffle.. was hoping that I may have had a moment of clarity as I rattled this post off!

As a side point if anybody car recommend a place to have a Star diagnostic done in the Lincolnshire area (I am in Grimsby) that would be fantastic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom