2001 W210 E55 question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeffwebb

Car
E55 AMG + Suzuki Burgman 400
I wonder if someone would be kind enough to diagnose this problem for me?
If I put my foot down hard it doesn't take off as quickly as it should and thereafter, I get a time lag in acceleration until I switch the ignition off and on again. TIA. Regards, Jeff.

The gearbox on W210 adapts to driving style over time. Try resetting the transmission to its original [aggressive] settings. To do this:
1. Turn the key to position 2. You should see all the dash lights come on. ...
2. Press the accelerator down all the way.
3. Wait...
4. Turn key to OFF, position 0.
5. Release the accelerator.
6. Wait 2 minutes.
7. Start the car and drive.

Hope this helps.

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to diagnose this problem for me?
If I put my foot down hard it doesn't take off as quickly as it should and thereafter, I get a time lag in acceleration until I switch the ignition off and on again. TIA. Regards, Jeff.

I've had the same in a E320 petrol years ago and after changing the throttle position sensor the issue was sorted.

The pedal position sensor would cause hesitation as would the MAF. Neither will throw a code that would trip a light, although the pedal position sensor will throw a code that you will see on a MB specific scanner going through the 38 pin connector.

You can try cleaning the MAF before replacing it as they are expensive.

The pedal position sensor would cause hesitation as would the MAF. Neither will throw a code that would trip a light, although the pedal position sensor will throw a code that you will see on a MB specific scanner going through the 38 pin connector.

You can try cleaning the MAF before replacing it as they are expensive.

No it didn't just lost the throttle every time I kickdown.

Get it to someone who is familiar with Mercedes and get it on a diagnostic machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom