2001 W220 Command upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robiduff

Car
W220-320 CDI 2001/W126-300SE 1988/W126-280SE 1985
Hi. Have anyone tried to oppgrade the command system on a 2001 mod to a 2003 command? my old system just broke down and i would like to replace it with the 2003 system, but im not sure how to do it and what parts i need and where to buy them. can anyone help?

Hi. Have anyone tried to oppgrade the command system on a 2001 mod to a 2003 command? my old system just broke down and i would like to replace it with the 2003 system, but im not sure how to do it and what parts i need and where to buy them. can anyone help?

What are the symptoms of the failure?

What are the symptoms of the failure?

It not working at all, black screen, they told at the shops it was broken. everything works except the screen, and here in norway a new screen costs 750 pounds used, and i dont like the look of the old one, the new looks soo much better. but im not sure what to buy or where to get it.

Last edited:
It not working at all, black screen, they told at the shops it was broken. everything works except the screen, and here in norway a new screen costs 750 pounds used, and i dont like the look of the old one, the new looks soo much better. but im not sure what to buy or where to get it.

Okay, what are you trying or wanting to fit in its place?

You need to get a pre dvd unit. They were installed on the 2003 year only afaik.
This unit uses D2B fibre optic and can be used in your car with only minor modifications.
You can easily identify it by the CD slot above the widescreen.

The later DVD unit has a motorised screen with both tape deck and disc slot hidden when screen is in the centre. This later unit uses MOST and is not easily retrofitted to an earlier car like yours.

Last edited:
Okay, what are you trying or wanting to fit in its place?

I want to replace it with the command unit from the 2003 models( i got this cheap on ebay)

NTG1 MOST unit :
COMAND-NTG1-W220.jpg

Comand 2.0
s5523.jpg

I want to replace it with the command unit from the 2003 models( i got this cheap on ebay)

If you post the model number and any toher information you have on this unit then it may be easier to work out if it will be compaatible.:thumb:

the comand 2.0 was the one I was thinking about:)

You need the wood fascia trims and you need to adjust the wiring.
http://www.mercupgrades.com/comand+retrofit-article-1.html
That page has all the info required.

Hi. it seems like i bought the correct verison so it's just to adjust the wires. the GPS antenna should fit also. But where do i get the wood facia trims? can't seem to find it anywhere...

I can't seem to figure out the pinouts. Which ones to move?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom