2002 E320 CDI No kickdown/flat as a pancake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dunno? Its an E class turbo I guess?
Was top of the range ish cars at their time ( diesel). Might add a bit to the price?

Really? What are the side numbers? Can you check for me please.
Thank you.
Olivier

Olivier,

Go to Euro carparts there you can put in your reg no and they list all the parts available for your car. Hope this helps.... mine cost £53.42 inc vat and postage.

Hi Kim,
its only £ 181.83 for a bosh at ECP ...
I know, better then the 200 from MB...:p
I am not looking to buy one, I am just wondering what the numbers are as they are some variant that work as I stated earlier. But I need the bosch numbers, not the pietburgh.
Thank you. :thumb:

Not a problem ... got mine this afternoon, but going to hold on to it for now....

cars thrown a bulb now ... wonder if its attention seaking! hehe

take care

kim

Ok the numbers around the top (non sensor end) is 07800254.S1
the numbers on the body of it are : 7.22684.07 / >PA66 / GF30> / PBT-GF30

Thats all the numbers on it, hope that helps.

cheers

Kim

Hi Kim,
Those numbers are on the housing. You need to pull the sensor out to look at the numbers like on the picture. But I will not recomment this if you are thinking of bringing it back as it might show that you pull it out, all depend on how carefull you are.
Cheers.
Olivier

Last edited:
Different? Might be? Its a lot cheaper then for the E for sure...
Thank you.
all the best.
Olivier

Right well, just had a nice little bill! £204 for a new battery and diagnostics, oh and a bulb! lol

Nelly still running absolutely fantastic, apart from gearbox in 1st/reverse only first start up in the mornings....... had the battery checked and it was knackered..... got a new one now so fingers crossed.

Watch this space!

Kim

Hi Kim,
This is the light bulb that was expensive for sure, LOL...
Not sure on your car but there is a gearbox reset that can be done on the E and it will put it back the way it should.
Its a simple step by step.
Try this, might work?
Go in the car, turn everything off,clim, radio etc...
turn the ignition key to where the glows glows
push the accelerator pedal up to the kickdown and hold it there for 15 seconds
turn the key to the off position
release the pedal and wait for 2 minutes, do not open door or start anything in those 2 minutes, its a wee boring indeed.
Then the gear box is reset, but as I said, its for the E, if your gear box is the same it might work.
All the best.
Olivier

hi olivier,

Many thanks for that .... will copy, paste and save that for future ref :) Not had a single problem since the new battery! Car is lovely again.

Cheers

Kim

Hi all,

I just wanted to update on my car's problem.......

Well after the new battery everything is fine.... no more gearbox limp mode at all. Shot up to Honiton yesterday and wow..... since i lubricated the wastegate my lovely car flies!! easily kept up with a nice little sports car infront, but had to slow down just before 120!!!!!!! :rolleyes: The gear changes seem different at high speed as well.

So in short many thanks to all that helped me with my lovely car..... it truly is the best thing i have ever driven. (shamefully i also liked an old Renault 25 V6 Turbo that i once drove from Torquay to Portsmouth in an hour) :eek:

Cheers

Kim :thumb:

I really think my car doesnt like me :mad: pulled into drive and put foot on handbrake...... BANG, CLUNK!!!!!! god damn cable snapped ........ think i might sell my car :mad::mad::mad:

It look like you might have a heavy foot from what you mentionned on the previous post :p Enough to split the cable :eek:
Hope you get it sorted as its only a cable, easier then the precedent bothers.

Olivier... There are slight diffrences between those odels and MAF`s.
300TD is sold with pipe housing and it looks like it comes with coller like the one you showed on picture.
320CDI i like the one one a picture from eurocarparts with that silver end that read air.

Mounting points and sizes are the same. As far as technical diffrences I will tell you tommorow as I will be changing it on mine. Will be using it from my old 300TD. I have mine 320CDI faulty as well.

In mine 320 CDI I used MAF from 300TD and car runs better. Still in limp mode (probadly needs reseting) but it does not smoke like it did before which lead to conclusion those two are the same. So if someone in 300TD is looking for MAf - dont have to look for expensive one but can get JUST a sensor that fits 320 CDI as well. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom