2003 E320cdi Winding Noise......HELP?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E320cdi_UK

Guys,

It my first Thread and I would like your Help!

I have a 2003 E320cdi with over 110,000 Miles and a Full Dealer History, this morning I've just noticed an Winding noise coming from the Engine Bay noticeably around where the Turbo is situated.

Either on stand still or driving, it gets louder especially between 1000 to 2000 rpm, it sounds like as if someone has just fitted a Supercharger to my E320.

There has been no difference in the performance of the E320cdi just the Supercharger Noise coming from under the Bonnet.

Please Advise

Cheers

If you mean a 'whistling' noise then check all of the turbo pipes and connections for any leaks that could be evident when the turbo is spooling up and pressurising them.

The Car has not suffered any loss of power / Oil / water etc, However it sounds a bit like a Supercharger when under Acceleration!!

Even in Park mode, on acceleration the Whining (NOT Whistling) it gets louder between 1000 and 3000 RPM but slightly fades away when increased from 3000 to 5000 RPM.

The Turbo Inlet/Outlet pipes have crept up in my mind, but as its Sunday Im stuck till Monday onwards for a Booking at the Dealer!!

Alternator maybe?

It may seem to fade at higher engine speeds simply because everything else is getting louder.

Alternator maybe?

I agree, a 'whine' sounds more likely to be the alternator.......the turbo wouldnt produce much boost whilst not under load and anyway the noise would be more of a whistle sound.
Try removing the drive belt and see if the noise is still present.

Cheers Guys

ill Just do that!!

Any Problems, Ill be back..........! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom