2003 S211 E220 CDi Starting issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pressure regulators used to be spare parts, but MB changed it at some point; so you'll need to buy whole rail system in order to get regulator as well... russian page did not give any separate number for regulator:
Êàòàëîã MERCEDES

For OM647 it is available, and I believe o-rings can be bought separately too...

Perhaps you should ask local bosch service?

CDI3 system are more robust to air leaks, but fuel leaks can still occur, ho-pump, fuelquantity valve, injector leak.

So far I've replaced the glow plug timer and added a one way valve on the input leg of fuel filter. Problem disappears for a few days before cropping up again.
Also all the clamps on the fuel lines (low pressure and high pressure) have been checked and/ or replaced. These are all very dry now.

The scan tool showed 2 DTCs last week: 2017 and 2132.
I've found various interpretations but the scan tool advised:
2017: Fuel rail pressure insufficient (is this interpretation correct for my car)
2132: Glow plug timer malfunction (this was set probably because the timer was messed about with).

Upon clearing codes, the DTCs have not shown up again.

Sorry for a late update. A leaky injector was the root cause here and ever since it was changed, the concern has not come back (fingers crossed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom