2004 w211 phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
I'm new to my 2004 E270 I'm pretty sure the Audio 20 CD is set up for a phone. Does it only work with a specific make and model of phone?

If you have the pre-wiring option 386 eungs a bell then it may well have a nokia holder under the armrest. Two ways you can go from there. A Viseeo unit which is shaped like the nokia fits in the slot and youre good to go, but to my understanding they don't make them new anymore. Might have to track a second one from the internet. Some people do experience quality and pairing issues with them, but few and far inbetween. Had the official MB HFP bluetooth adapter in my previous CLS and it worked a treat. Had it paired woth an iPhone 6 and a 7 later on. Quality was very good as well. Only issue being this adapter is a bit on the pricey side at £290 ish new, then again second hand ones with older firmware are easily accessible on the internet.

My 2009 W211 had the phone wiring but just the connector in the arm rest. i needed 2 things:

1)an adapter cradle
2) a mobile phone for that cradle

did a bit of 'Googling' and got the part numbers for the various adapter/cradles that were available, mainly Nikia and Ericsson handsets asking around turned up a battered (very) but functional Nikia (and free) handset for which a cradle had been available. Ebay turned up a cradle/adapter for £23. GiffGaff supplied a PAYG SIM.

For me this works well I only very occasionally use the phone in the car, it works perfectly in the car, call quality good its not my regular phone number but not important for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom