2005 CLK200k A209 Failed wash wipe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taipan

Car
2015 e220 A207
Hi All,

Over the last few months i've noticed that the wash wipe function on my car has been playing up and working intermittently and has now pretty much stopped working altogether.

The twist part works fine for the wipers and the indicators and headlamp flash are also all fine. Its just when you lightly depress the stalk there is no wipe from the wipers and if you fully depress the button there is no wash wipe?

Whilst driving recently I pushed the stalk button fully in and just held it there. I'd get the odd squirt from the washers along with a wipe from the wipers but it would stop as quickly as it started? It seemed to kick in whilst turning the wheel, or did I just think it did?

Any ideas on were to start looking?

The wiper/washer/lights switch.

I've noticed it works fine when the car is on main beam. Anyone had this problem? Is it new stalk time?

Both of your posts would indicate that contacts within the wiper/washer/lights stalk are failing. It does indeed sound like new stalk time.

The whole assembly is loose. The allen bolt you can access it tight though. I'll take it apart tomorow or next weekend and report back with my findings.

https://youtu.be/jw_7ZVHkAMs

Dont forget to take a photo down the steering wheel screw after you removed it so you know where to put he steering wheel back (theres some marks on the column and on the wheel)

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom