2005 W245 w/Command - upgrades possible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danclyon

Car
W245 B180 CDI w/COMAND
Anyone know if it's possible to add Bluetooth or phone support to the Command units if they didn't leave the factory with it? SWMBO has a lovely car but no bluetooth and/or phone support.

Anyone?

Cheers,
Dan.

Yup. theres two easy(ish) fit non Mercedes aftermarket things I tend to recommend

a) If you want full digital iPod aswell as phone (but you will lose your CD changer if you have one)
Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: mCar Phone & Digital iPod interface for Mercedes NTG1/NTG2 vehicles

b) If you want just bluetooth phone (and you can have bluetooth audio streaming if you lose the CD changer)

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Fiscon Pro Bluetooth Phone Kit for Mercedes Benz (MOST based cars)

Both fully integrate with phonebook on the COMAND, instrument cluster etc etc

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
You could also change the Comand unit for the later Comand NTG2.5 fitted to MY09> vehicles. It has full bluetooth built in.

Yup. theres two easy(ish) fit non Mercedes aftermarket things I tend to recommend

a) If you want full digital iPod aswell as phone (but you will lose your CD changer if you have one)
Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: mCar Phone & Digital iPod interface for Mercedes NTG1/NTG2 vehicles

b) If you want just bluetooth phone (and you can have bluetooth audio streaming if you lose the CD changer)

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Fiscon Pro Bluetooth Phone Kit for Mercedes Benz (MOST based cars)

Both fully integrate with phonebook on the COMAND, instrument cluster etc etc

Cheers

Richard

No Changer to worry about (at least not that I've found :D).

Will have a look at both options though. Thanks for that Richard.

Cheers,
Dan.

Changer would be in main glovebox on a B class (or an A class).

You will need someone with Star Diagnosis or Autologix to enable the phone menu in the instrument cluster and turn on / configure the fibre optic (MOST) connection on the COMAND

Richard

Changer would be in main glovebox on a B class (or an A class).

You will need someone with Star Diagnosis or Autologix to enable the phone menu in the instrument cluster and turn on / configure the fibre optic (MOST) connection on the COMAND

Richard

Then no - no changer. Where that would be is a 6-CD "storage" unit. I say storage, but the doors quite often fail to pop out so it's more of a sealed vault if you happen to get them open and then shut them again. It's also conveniently placed such that you clobber your hand on it when getting stuff out of the glovebox and has been cunningly engineered to have not one but TWO sharp corners that dig chunks out of your hand :)

I've discussed it with the wife and as a much as she'd like it adding to the car, the price is just beyond any value it will add to the vehicle so she'll stick with normal bluetooth headset.

Many thanks for the advice though.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom