2006 52k miles e55k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst I have not seen this car first hand, its 1/11/06 manufacture must make it one of the last of this model brought to the table, its claimed MBFSH, and low mileage, surely must make this car desirable for a suitable purchaser, even with it low spec, and moreso given what a few guys here I have spoken with recently, that are stating this model and their prices are on the rise. I do hope so!:D

Maybe; maybe not. A few on here were sure I had paid well under the going rate for my '08 350 CGI; judging by the interest shown now it's up for sale, I don't think I did.

Seem's a bit expensive.

Thats quite a low spec car tbh. Doesn't have massage or Dynamic seats by the looks of it either.

You'd need to get UK clocks for it ideally as well.

Just looking at this car mylself but cannot establish whether a Japanese import is going to be an issue

Insurance aside all I can seem to find out is that wiring for stereos etc is different

If it was a U.K. Car I'd be on the way to view I now

My RHD 928 was a Jap import as is my Rosewood SL500. Made no difference to insurance. KM speedo not a problem either - just learn your 1.6x table!

Looks a nice car but I wouldn't be paying £15k for a stock E55 with not many options, especially an import.
As its been listed for a long time it does indicate the dealer is being optimistic with his price.

I know Scooby imports were hard to insure and had a premium at one time. They were also limited to 115mph.
I'd sooner spend my cash on Alps car, albeit older and higher mileage.

I had a Jap Scooby, was an absolutely nightmare to insure in 2008.

I should think you could display the speed in the centre of the speedo in mph, but good luck verifying the service history if it's in Japanese.

They are usually pretty good cars , but has been known for some to buy crash cars & ofcourse the car does not carry a crash flag if it brought in as spares etc. I thought speedos etc had to be changed as part of the SVA? Unless cars this age are exempt ?

We import cars all the time and have imported some German's too...
However German cars are very difficult to sell in the UK if they are Japanese Import.

One being the service history some come with non, and some if do will be in Japanese although its pretty simple to get it translated.

Secondly you would want a to pay extra and get a Japanese HPI report.

As its 2006 it will be SVA exempt 10 year rule.

If anyone on here does buy it and wants me to get a Japanese HPI Report and confirm the mileage then just drop me a message.

It does does look a nice example but I'd take any "low mileage" import with a humongous pinch of salt, in the same way that high mileage insurance write-offs over here get exported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom