2006 A Class Temperature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
The temp gauge should read closer to 90c once warmed up and not drop. Maybe a new thermostat unless..........

Sometimes there can be a build up of condensation inside the oil filler cap which can look like water in the oil. Usually in colder weather though.
A pressure test at an indy should reveal if the head gasket has blown.

Last edited:
Mine does that as well. Not to that extent on the drop, but just under the actual value 80, so maybe 77-78. The useless mother****ers at Mercedes Bedford are blindly denying anything, saying everything is normal, so my warranty with them is worth jack really. Do yourselves a favor and don't go there.

Hi
How long has yours done this? Its bad they wont accept the fault. I took mine for a service, health check and mot yesterday to the Mercedes dealers in Swansea. £168 for servie, mot and renewal of Mobolife (which is probably worthless) I feel is a fair price, however they didnt pick up the temp issue. They did want over £500 to change the pads, which I declined. The estimate is broken down, £35+vat just to remove the wheels!! Another £140+vat to remove the calipars, thats about £200 to do 15mins work before they actually do anything

Mine has done it since I bought it 2 months ago. I know it is not a new car, but this is absolute ******** on their part. Car comes with approved used warranty (worthless in my opinion) which they will not honour. So now I will take it to my indy, pay out of my own pocket to do investigation work and see what the remedy is, again out my own pocket for the sake of a £130 stat. Not only that, when I asked them for a report, I got an email back in which it had a one sentence answer to the tune of "after a short test everything is fine"

Almost wish I went with that A6 I saw before I boight the Mercedes

Idare, Try Continental cars in Cardiff, had C service on my E class for ££250, including Star check as was new customer. Told me exactly what was wrong with the car and what needed sorting when e.g urgent, soon, at next service and then likely cost. Car was test driven before the service and after it. Unlike MB in Swansea who have serviced it previously and told me nothing except how much the bill was ( quoted £370 for the same service, without Star I assume.

A new termostat has cured it for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom