2007 cls 320 ball joint issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin mchale

Car
Cls 320
Afternoon all
Bottom ball joints are worn on the car
local independent garage removed the ones on the car attempted to fit new
rang me and said that they wouldn't fit

Basically the new ones are 40mm O/D and the ones they have removed are 39mmO/D
they have tried a few aftermarket ones and all seem to be the same
Can anyone give or shine some lite on this please

Martin

Afternoon all
Bottom ball joints are worn on the car
local independent garage removed the ones on the car attempted to fit new
rang me and said that they wouldn't fit

Basically the new ones are 40mm O/D and the ones they have removed are 39mmO/D
they have tried a few aftermarket ones and all seem to be the same
Can anyone give or shine some lite on this please

Martin

Put your reg in euro car parts website then search ball joints. This will give you correct part number and go with lemforda there OEM spec or ring mb and ask them.

guess that's where the other 1mm goes , the splines must turn over when being pressed in ????????? I just had one of mine done ( lemforder ) garage didn't have any issues , just the fact he had to use a dremmel and cut the old one from the hub , also heard a lot of reports that those removal tools are a waste of money , it must be a horrible job because 3 garages turned me away and didn't want to know the job .

I bought a removal and install tool and it worked like a charm. With a proper ball joint splitter (worth its weight in gold). I was able to do top and bottom ball joints. Both lower arms. Both thrust arms and track rods with new ends.

Car is like new once alignment was done. All done in a around six hours. Total cost of the tools was £55 delivered. I used genuine MB ball joints and Lemforda arms and track rods and ends. Saved a fortune in labour and was very rewarding.

I live in Chester and I am more than willing to help a hand to anyone wishing to DIY.

I bought a removal and install tool and it worked like a charm. With a proper ball joint splitter (worth its weight in gold). I was able to do top and bottom ball joints. Both lower arms. Both thrust arms and track rods with new ends.

Car is like new once alignment was done. All done in a around six hours. Total cost of the tools was £55 delivered. I used genuine MB ball joints and Lemforda arms and track rods and ends. Saved a fortune in labour and was very rewarding.

Any chance of links to the tools you bought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom