2007 S211 best gps location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
Guys

I have an E280 and I have retrofitted ntg2.5 comand, I currently have the gps pickup mounted to the side of the rain sensor under the plastic cover but the gps signal is useless and it often drops out.
I have another GPS receiver to fit but want to put it in the best place for the best signal :)

Thanks

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. On my C-Class, the official location for the retrofitted COMAND gps antenna is inside a small cavity under the dash, right on top of the instrument cluster.

2. The gps antenna will have better view of the sky from near the base of the windscreen, than when mounted near the top of the windscreen.

3. Also, the area of the windscreen near the rear view mirror might be electromagnetically odscured by the black aerial wires.

4. Additionally, in my case the original MB antenna worked much better than the aftermarket antenna I had before.

5. But ultimately... there is no substitute to drilling a hole in the rear part of the roof and mounting the GPS antenna in it original factory-fitted location, outside the metal cage which is the car. If you are brave enough, that is....

Hope this helps.

Another possible location - at the base of the windscreen but on top of the dash:

Comand NTG 2

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking in the dash is my best bet I've just got to locate a space that isn't a total nightmare to get to

I just tuck it under the dash somewhere, perfect signal 100% of the time.

I bought an original GPS antenna from the guys at comandonline in the end though as the others were flaky, this worked so much better.

Yeah I think I'll end up doing the same but trying another £6 is worth a shot before shelling out £75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom