2008 B180 CDI Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveclv

Car
B180 CDI Sport
I have just purchased a 75k mile 2008 B180 CDI CVT Sport and really like the car - except for the ride quality. My wife drives a Smart ForTwo and I'm hard pushed to decide which one has the better quality of ride over less than perfect roads.

I'm up for some updates/mods and I have read that the ride of the B isn't the best in the world - but wonder if anyone has updated their suspension and has any good recommendations for better shocks or whether specific bushes need attention?

Any advice or suggestions?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have a 2007 B180 Cdi sport and yes the suspension is a bit harsh. We've had the car now for about 6 years and we have gotten used to the suspension and it certainly corners well. I have considered dropping to 16"wheels for the 17's which are on there to give a bit more tyre suspension, but not really sure if it will help. I have not ridden in a non sport variant so can't tell if it can be improved with a different suspension set up.

Thanks Geoff

Could you do me a favour when you get a spare 5 minutes and measure the height from the ground to the front wheel arch - I want to see if someone has lowered the car at some point.
When I try the bounce test I can only move the car by maybe a cm or 2 at most - it's rock hard. I also scrape the underneath when going over the sleeping policemen at the local car park - they are higher than most but I seem to be lower than most too :)

Thanks

Thanks Geoff

Could you do me a favour when you get a spare 5 minutes and measure the height from the ground to the front wheel arch - I want to see if someone has lowered the car at some point.
When I try the bounce test I can only move the car by maybe a cm or 2 at most - it's rock hard. I also scrape the underneath when going over the sleeping policemen at the local car park - they are higher than most but I seem to be lower than most too :)

Thanks

Ground to centre wheel arch is about 65cm, and yes, the bottom scrapes over most speed bumps so sounds about right.

Thanks Geoff!!

Much appreciated and will check mine in the morning.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom