2008 c220 has become louder, what could it be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hdsalinas

Car
w204 c220 cdi
my 2008 c220 used to be pretty quiet, but a fee days ago I began to notice that the car was louder than usual, cold or hot. The car seems to perform the same just louder.

what could it be? my car has just over 60,000km.

Has somebody installed the C63 engine and exhaust system ?

is it just louder sounding if you are in the cabin driving or is it noticeably louder outside too?

My old e-class started sounding louder when the steering column grommet failed. This is the rubber bit that the steering column passes through when it goes in the engine bay. I stuffed a sock into it (at the bottom of the steering column near the pedals) and that sorted it out!

Its doesn't sound louder from outside, just inside and is not c63 kind of loud, is diesel truck kind of loud.

Del320, Druk, Seven, meldrew or cb1965 will be along to answer shortly...or not, as the case may be.

It always takes them a bit longer to get here at 20mph... ;)

My god you're boring.
I'm sure you could start your own forum with all your friends.
I think you're going to get what you want and drive me out of here. I may not have as much 'technical' knowledge to offer as you but I used to enjoy visiting here. Now it's unfortunately become a one man bore. I used to respect you but I can say I absolutely do not now.

Sounds like the steering rack boot has ripped, had that problem with my S210, lets engine noise into the cabin, couldn't believe the difference after changing

Del320, Druk, Seven, meldrew or cb1965 will be along to answer shortly...or not, as the case may be.

It always takes them a bit longer to get here at 20mph... ;)

You are quite amusing and by your posting stats probably a lonely man that needs to get a life...

32,111 posts since July 2003 or about 8 posts a day...
You tend to deflect on the subject matter and post that which fails to contribute.
Perhaps because of your limited knowledge???

Pull up your trousers, give your wrists a rest...
Cheers

Ed A.

Priceless. :fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom