2008 model 320 E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parksie14

Car
vito sport x
What are the differences between the Avant Garde & Sport Models?

Thanks

The only differences are:-
18” Wheels with mixed 245 and 265 tyres v 17” 245’s all round.
Deeper seats with more bolster and white stitching in the sport.
Paddle shift on steering column.
The AvantG sits 15mm lower.
That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancy steel pedals too. Think there may be a few more less visible differences I'll check a brochure later.

FWIW the W212 came out in 2009 so depending on when a '2008' car was built and registered it may have more extras to sweeten the deal and keep W211 sales going pending the W212 launch. My W211 is one of those built in 2008 but not registered until 2009.

265/35/R18 tyres look the biz but they are expensive, guess how I know...

Fancy steel pedals too. Think there may be a few more less visible differences I'll check a brochure later.

FWIW the W212 came out in 2009 so depending on when a '2008' car was built and registered it may have more extras to sweeten the deal and keep W211 sales going pending the W212 launch. My W211 is one of those built in 2008 but not registered until 2009.

265/35/R18 tyres look the biz but they are expensive, guess how I know...

Oh yes forgot the pedals.

Most of the differences are tinsel dressing, but the one thing you will notice every mile you drive is that the sport has ....well sports suspension!
I had an Avangarde with 18" (CLS) wheels which was comfortable and handled like an E Class.
I had a Sport as a loan car whilst mine was in for service and the ride was noticeably harsh, couldn't wait to get back to the comfort of my own 'limo'...... How are the road surfaces round your way?

I went for the AG as it had the spec I wanted at the time. The only thing I wish I had is the sports seats otherwise it’s all good. My mate had a Sport and never touched the paddles.

E280, E320, E350, E500 had bigger 80L fuel tank
Leather trir steering wheel
Lower suspension 15mmdrilled front disks

I've not driven an AG but with the bigger wheels/low profile tyres and sports suspension I'd expect the ride on the Sport to be a bit harsher but having said that I'd not complain about the ride on my E320 sport.

Make sure you get up to speed on the options list, seems everything is a option on MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom