2009 C250 keeps blowing drivers seat control fuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richiwildchild

Car
c220
Hi,

I've just bought a replacement for my c220 that someone wrote off for me a couple of weeks ago. I now have a 2009 C250 that keeps blowing the fuse in the boot for the drivers seat controls . I have replaced it 5 times today, sometimes the fuse will blow as I am inserting it, other times it will allow the seat to work once before blowing again.

Any ideas?

Rich

Hello

At the risk of stating the obvious you have either a short circuit in the wiring or seat motor, do you have a multi meter to test the circuit?

It's no good just replacing the fuse, especially if it blows straight away, there's obviously a fault, short circuit etc in the wiring or motor.
You could try unplugging the motor and see if the fuse still blows, if it does the problem is probably the wiring or switching, if the fuse stays ok then suspect motor. Ideally you need a multimeter to check.

Check the wiring on the seat backrest frame , they used to chafe through the loom on the early 204's

Whatever you do, do not put a bigger fuse in - something will melt or catch fire.
Don't keep replacing an instantly blowing fuse, you may well cause more damage - you need to work out what is broken using a multimeter and observation (such as looking at wiring looms where they go from bottom to back of seat, and under seat to make sure they haven't caught in anything)
R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom