2009 CLS - No ISOFIX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Well, we picked up the other half's CLS350 the other day to replace her SL350. A couple of weeks into ownership and she's really pleased with it, totally taken to it and should make a cracking family car.

One thing though, I was giving the leather some TLC at the weekend and there's no ISOFIX in the car? Bit of a bummer as I have a car seat ready to go that was my other daughters so thought we had it covered.

Is this something that can be retro fitted? It's really odd as in the manual it references anchor points and a flap that lifts. I know I've got this in my CLS63 but didn't think it was a spec thing but a default.

For a 2009 car it surely has to be possible even if it has to be in a bespoke manner rather than easy bolt on parts. I do know someone who sold his CLS because of this issue but I don't know how hard he tried to get them retrofitted. I know it wouldn't have defeated me.

My 05 55 has them? surely standard in 2009. There a removable panel velco'd in that you have to pull out to access.

Alex225 - why not post up your VIN so those members with EPC can check the datacard and rear seat parts for ISOFIX bits and pieces?

My 05 55 has them? surely standard in 2009. There a removable panel velco'd in that you have to pull out to access.

That's what my CLS63 has. Exactly that, a velcro panel that lifts up and there's the ISOFIX bars sitting there. In the CLS350, there's no such panel. Looks similar but the base is fixed so nothing to move. Tried reaching between the base and the back, no bars that I can feel.

We didn't even think to check as like you, we assumed being a 2009 car it would just have them. I appreciate the CLS is not marketed as a family car as such but even in base form it's high spec.

Alex225 - why not post up your VIN so those members with EPC can check the datacard and rear seat parts for ISOFIX bits and pieces?

I'll get the details when I'm home. :)

My '08 E class had them, according to the datacard, but they just weren't there, nor were the drillings to fit them.

I had an 09 CLS and also had no ISOFIX - I believe it was an option.
In my E350 there is a removable bar which had the ISOFIX mounts on, but I don't recall seeing one for a CLS and basically seem to recall being told "you'll need to buy one that had it when specced"....
(a quick flick on eBay doesn't show any seat kits with ISOFIX - but I'd hope it would have been like the E class!)

Hang on - update ahoy.
Look at this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Translation of text under video shows:

"Installation of hooks Isofix fastening system for Mercedes CLS (W219) Parts for mounting on the right after the passenger you need to order in the Mercedes showroom are A211 860 08 87 and A 211 860 04 87"

Looks like you can buy the bolts, secure them to the car and away you go (you may need a rivet nut setting tool).
Not sure if you then need seats with flaps, or if you can just "go digging to find the catches"

Hang on - update ahoy.
Look at this:

Translation of text under video shows:

"Installation of hooks Isofix fastening system for Mercedes CLS (W219) Parts for mounting on the right after the passenger you need to order in the Mercedes showroom are A211 860 08 87 and A 211 860 04 87"

Looks like you can buy the bolts, secure them to the car and away you go (you may need a rivet nut setting tool).
Not sure if you then need seats with flaps, or if you can just "go digging to find the catches"

Did anyone solve this? Can the seat be modified for the velcro flap?

If you pull up hard on the front edge of the seat base it will come out and then you can see what would need doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom