200T, 300D and 250L all W123 Possibly 116 and 124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,
After more than a year of kidding myself that I'd get round to making this trio something to be proud of, I've been forced to admit to myself that I don't have the time or the space, which is a great pity for me if not for my wife. I really need to sell three or four cars to get some room - that said, I'll swap two or three for one other with cash either way - I'll still be gaining some space!
I'll consider other swaps, I'm looking for a compressor, a car trailer - min 5 metres - a boat trailer for a RIB, a forward tipping dumper, number plate, or what have you.
I'll be back in Bolton towards the end of May and I'll take detailed images which will give a much clearer view of each one.
All cars are accessible/driveable/viewable before I get back by appointment.
I thought I'd pop all three on here before EBay to see if an enthusiast has an interest.
I say all three, but I might be tempted to sell my 116 300SD and my low mileage 124 300D, (see link below), but I think I want to keep one if not both, so they won't be give-away prices.

200T
MoT to December, passed the last one without advisories.
One very long term elderly owner and one other before me, it has had two jacking points welded a long time ago, but it is very, very sound, no rust underneath.
Last winter it started first time - as always - every time, first turn. I recently replaced the belts, dropped the oil and changed the filters.
These 200's are not under powered; I would say they weren't over powerful, that's all - it'll run at 85 on the Motorway and isn't ever embarrassed round town - the kick-down works fine if needs be. The gear change is silky smooth and it's extremely quiet, uses little or no oil and is very comfortable - especially since I fitted the new seat base
The paint has faded badly on one wing - common with this red apparently - the side window rubbers are cracked, one rear wing is rusty - front and back, one front wing has average rust, one door bottom needs a little work, but can be easily saved. I have images of these areas please PM.
The interior is almost mint, it's black cloth, I replaced the driver seat bottom springs and replaced the bolster and seat covers with mint (original) merc ones. Oddly, there is zero rust on the tail gate. Included in the price is a stick which holds up both the bonnet and boot - though not at the same time. I have new (SH)springs for the bonnet and hydraulic arms for the rear somewhere.
It has around 138k miles. Oil pressure is excellent and at the last MoT the tester remarked that the emissions were much better than most of the modern cars he tests.
This is a dry car.
200tfs.jpg

estr.jpg

estf.jpg

Incidentally, I have four of the MB Chrome cross-bars for this roof rack at £130 a pair or £220 the four. Mint and beautiful.

250 Limo
I bought this after a few German beers one Sunday evening on EBay.
I was looking forward to a few eccentric days out in it. I bought it last January, (2012), it was delivered to a garage in Preston for them to get it MoT'd and serviced. I've spent about ten minutes with the car, so a close look will be needed. It has had some filler beneath the screen, and will benefit from a little tidying. The garage said that it was a sound car save for two small welds and didn't anticipate any problems until they tried to tweak the carb. It fell apart like a clowns car, springs and bit's everywhere. Since then, the guy who was looking after it has been treating it as low priority - I live a long way away, and was in no hurry. Sadly he's become too ill to carry on with the garage and so I just want to move the car. The carbs on these 250's are a bit fiddly. Vynyl roof perfect.
This is also a dry car.
limf.jpg

lims.jpg

limr.jpg

300D
Once again EBay and German beer to blame, but with good reason. OM617 engine and auto, but equally a Sienna cloth interior in excellent order which I was going to put into my Ivory 123 completely forgetting about my daft dog's claws ( I don't mean I have the claws of a dog - I was never too confident with the apostrophe), so I'm sticking with the Tex on the other 123.
The previous owner spent lots on it and there's a stack of bills. This car has very wet rear footwells and noisy diff - it may just need fluid. It's also had some restoration, that said it's a very long way from being seriously ill - all the wings are fine and I think the doors are in good order as well. It has had new glass-rubber all round. The previous owner was about to try veggie oil - perfect candidate as we know - and had plumbed in a fuel heater gizmo. He hadn't put anything other than normal diesel in it, though. He said it was ready to take veggie oil, but I know nothing of the chemistry involved.
There's a spare rear screen and some other bits and pieces included.

I do have some more images of this one if anyone would like to PM me, but not a comprehensive all-angles batch, that will have to wait until next month, sorry.
wvfs.jpg

wvin.jpg

wvr.jpg

Apart from a few more of the 300d, the only images I have at the moment are these few and some which can be found on the forum through this link along with the 116 and 124.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members/isobars-albums-300ce-24-w116-300sd-w123-300d-ds23-w124-300d.html

I'm looking for £875 each, or £2250 the three.

Please PM for a contact number, or mail any questions and I'll do my best to help.
Cheers,
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom