201 w208 CLK 230K Can't open boot - battery flat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petenaylor

Car
CLK 350 Convertible
Hi all

My CLK has a flat battery after being stood still for a few weeks. I can open the driver's door with the metal key insert OK by turning, but I cannot open the boot with the same key. I have tried pushing it in but it doesn't do anything.

Is it supposed to be able to turn in the boot lock? Or just trigger when pushed in?

It's a 2001 (51) w208 CLK 230K convertible and the battery is in the boot

Many thanks for your help.
Pete

If you cannot open the boot ( you have tried turning the key before pressing? also, have you tried lubricating the lock ?) then open the bonnet then either jump start the car or attach a battery charger to the jump lead terminals . Once the battery has sufficient charge you can use the internal boot release.

If you cannot open the boot ( you have tried turning the key before pressing? also, have you tried lubricating the lock ?) then open the bonnet then either jump start the car or attach a battery charger to the jump lead terminals . Once the battery has sufficient charge you can use the internal boot release.

Thank you, do you have a diagram of the jump lead terminals?

Keep remote key fob out of ignition and use your remote button to open boot.

Dec
527006d1373817592-cable-box-charge-point.jpg

Had same problem loads of wd40 used battery charger onto jump start connectors took ages but turn key to left(anticlockwise) till it stops about quarter turn then push in lock and it opens if it turns 180 degrees not enough charge in battery,hope it works and you don't get my problem of central locking not working now

Cheers Dec :thumb:

My boot will open manually, so it's not a problem, but it's always good to have a plan 'B', just in case ;)

Keep taking the WD40 and it will be grand.

Dec

HELP! I have the same problem. I have used another battery to connect to the jump point under the bonnet. All dash lights, interior lights etc come on but auto boot flip wont work. Its dead. Also cant use manual key despite putting plenty of WD40 in there. I need to get into the boot. Can anyone help please.

Is the key slot in the Vertical or Horizontal position?

Will the key turn to 11 o'clock position?
If you can turn key to 11 o'clock position, hold it at 11 o'clock position and push key inwards.

Does the boot open switch in the cabin work?
Will the remote fob lock/unlock other doors and the fuel flap

Dec

AYsvP0d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom