2010 formula 1 champion who is your money on!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajenks

I have been a Lewis fan long before I was in to Mercedes so my money is on Lewis.

I think Sabastian Vettle is going to do well and I like Nick Heidfelt. One thing is clear 2010 is going to be a good season.

One thing is clear 2010 is going to be a good season.

No. It's not clear.

This time last year the assumptions about KERS, Brawn, Ferrari, and McLaren were rather at odds as to how things actually transpired through the season.

Our new WC didn't appear to have a career this time last year.

No. It's not clear.

This time last year the assumptions about KERS, Brawn, Ferrari, and McLaren were rather at odds as to how things actually transpired through the season.

Our new WC didn't appear to have a career this time last year.
You are right I would of bet on Jenny buttons not getting a drive and having to retire this time last year, goes to show, what the heck do I know.

Michael Schumacher driving a Mercedes F1 Brawn for me.

Michael Schumacher driving a Mercedes F1 Brawn for me.

I think if he could come back and still manage a few podiums that would be very respectable. But is that enough for him?

I would love to see him back, I wasn't his biggest fan but it would be great to see how the new boys faired against him, you can't doubt his talent.

I wonder if he would still have the edge, with most other sports once you out for a while your out for good, (except maybe darts) I don't think to class racing is any different not at F1 level anyway, we want be seeing him again no matter what the out of season hype says

If the car is good - Hamilton - he has the raw pace.

I'll reserve my answer until I've seen some times from pre season testing.

The answer has it's more to do with the car than the driver nowadays.

Every driver in F1 is incredibly talented and put any of them in the right car they can all drive fast.

The winner of the drivers championship will be the one who has least accidents, best reliability, most team support (including team mate), best car, best luck.....then after all that the skill of the driver comes into it.

The winner of the drivers championship will be the one who has least accidents, best reliability, most team support (including team mate), best car, best luck.....then after all that the skill of the driver comes into it.

I agree. I heard a motoring journalist say that in F1 it is 80% car and 20% driver, but in MotoGP it's the opposite. For that reason I'll be trying to watch more MotoGP next season. F1 needs to rediscover some of it's magic.

Lewis.

And if he does destroy Button, having shown Alonso what he could do (and Alonso is one of the very best) maybe people may see he is better than a number of drivers who have been said to be the best ever.

I wonder why the Schumi issue still keeps on? Can't see that happening really.

That said, I don't really mind. I think it will be interesting to see what happens after this year.

I still think Mercedes will eventually become an engine supplier to compete with Cosworth, as my gut feeling is they will be the only 2 engine people left.

And unless another manufacturer arrives, there would be little point owning a team. May as well just supply parts. No conflict that way.

Alonso

Ferarri gave up on last years car very early and I'm sure they haven't been idle.
Alonso will do ANYTHING to win and whether you agree or not, that appears to be what it takes unless another team has a considerable technical advantage.

Alonso

Ferarri gave up on last years car very early and I'm sure they haven't been idle.
Alonso will do ANYTHING to win and whether you agree or not, that appears to be what it takes unless another team has a considerable technical advantage.
Yer he is definatly at contender in my book, if you give him half a chance he take it.

Lewis.

And if he does destroy Button, having shown Alonso what he could do (and Alonso is one of the very best) maybe people may see he is better than a number of drivers who have been said to be the best ever.

I wonder why the Schumi issue still keeps on? Can't see that happening really.

That said, I don't really mind. I think it will be interesting to see what happens after this year.

I still think Mercedes will eventually become an engine supplier to compete with Cosworth, as my gut feeling is they will be the only 2 engine people left.

And unless another manufacturer arrives, there would be little point owning a team. May as well just supply parts. No conflict that way.
Hi scumbag, I think like me you see the genius in Hamilton, that doesn't mean he can't be beaten or that he is going to win, but like an alfa when the going is good there little better.

Hamilton and Alonso racing together in 2007 was a great year Mercedes vers Ferrari best seasons racing in years

Any encumbant in a team will always have an advantage over an incoming driver, particularly as in Alonso's case there's also the small fact of a language barrier to overcome.

There's more to just driving a car fast, there's integration onto a team, communication with your engineers and understanding what changes you require to the car.

In this respect Hamilton and Massa have a huge advantage. Why does no one mention Massa? Personally I think he'll out drive Alonso simply due to the comfort in his team at least for half a season until Alonso works out how things really work.

Over to Button and Hamilton....why do people assume there will be friction...these two guys know each other, less so from racing against each other, but back in the day when Hamilton was karting, he was running engines tuned by John Button who was also helping manage Lewis's career. The Dads know each other quite well and have made it work before...of course their respective offspring weren't racing in the same team or against each other at the time.

The more I think about this, the more the move to Mclaren makes sense. It has clearly been shown that it wasn't financially motivated.

I'm a huge Button fan, I have been since his first race, it's not easy to miss this fact from my postings but I wonder if He'll cut the mustard against Lewis in a team effectively built around him. I expect him to struggle for the first few races for the same reason as Alonso...it's a new team after all but once settled in I fully expect him to be equal or better. He clearly thinks He's capable otherwise why make the move?

Last edited:
If the McLaren team do not have KERS next season then I think Button will find his integration in to the team a lot easier. With KERS it will be a steep learning curve lasting too long to give him a chance of being a top 3 driver in 2010.

Whilst Hamilton and Button have different driving styles I feel there will be enough good engineers within McLaren able to tune the suspension to his requirements.

For me 2010 will be better than 2009 as more teams will begin the season on a level playing field, with acceptance on rear diffusers.

For me some of the real excitment will be watching the new teams hopfully on occasions out shine the more established. Was it Sutil beeting Raikkonen at Monaco 2009 until the crash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom