2010 National GTG questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
we will have public liability insurance in place for the event, traders will be responsible for their own insurance and although they will be trading at the event all arrangenments and agreements will be between the trader and their customers not the event organisers etc etc

OK, the final draft of the wording is a long way off (I need to speak to a lawyer friend for that :)) but that's the gist of it

Handy to have lawyers as friends isn't it :) I'm in the same fortunate position. What I was really getting at is that public liability cover for a trader operating outside of his own premises and on a temporary pitch or standing may not be covered under their existing policy. I was just trying to give a heads up to anyone thats not done it before as they may want to check what is and is not covered on their existing policy. We had to take increased Public liability cover when we were providing servicing to rally and race teams, £20m cover I think from memory as when you have the public wondering around service areas and pits/ paddocks there's always one that will do the unthinkable.

Might not apply to a meet or GTG but just thought I'd flag it up in case.

like gearbox oil/filter changes, spark plugs etc as well as the usual Star stuff. Feedback from attendees would be helpful to gauge how viable it would be.

Not at all viable, I would think.
Where would you put your waste oil for a start. What happens if a sump bolt or the like shears?

Not at all viable, I would think.
Where would you put your waste oil for a start. What happens if a sump bolt or the like shears?

Old oil extracted using vacuum pump so no need to remove sump drain bolt which is the one which can be tight, using a torque wrench I've never seen a retaining bolt shear on a gearbox sump pan in 12 years. Waste oil goes into the empty containers that the new oil comes in and comes back for disposal with me. I have a van kitted out for mobile servicing, I do this sort of thing on site for people all the time.

A/C regas is something else I thought people might be interested in.

using a torque wrench I've never seen a retaining bolt shear on a gearbox sump pan in 12 years.
You must work on very new cars then. On older 210's I have had a few sheer off. Even the newer models sometimes sheer especialy V 6 and V8 engined cars where the exhaust downpipe runs very close to the front right hand gearbox retaining clip.

You must work on very new cars then.

I'm not fussy, so long as it has a Mercedes badge :thumb:

I suppose as with anything you take apart, there is always a risk of something going wrong. I'm throwing ideas around really. I have no idea what sort of services attendees would like, if any. I'm just trying to get an idea if there is enough demand to warrant the journey, I'm sure twisty Welsh roads are much more exciting in an SLK or similar than in a LWB Vito!

Okay, I’ve read enough to see there is some long discussions on the MBClub GTG location, I’m new to this sort of thing but let me add a couple of points that may be a little bias due to the fact I own a holiday chalet near to Cricieth which I go to with family in the AMG most weekends.
So living in Cheshire, the drive to Cricieth can either be done on the all new M55/A55 straight through to Caernarfon, then on to the stunning A487 single lane last road straight in to Cricieth, time approx 2 hours, from the South come off the M6 and use A5, everyone must drive through Bala at least once in their life time, it’s an inspiring driving road which is free of cameras! I even drop off the A55 and go through Betws Y Coed just to use the roads and enjoy the views, traffic is the same as anywhere else in the UK, rush hours are not so good the rest of the time is superb, overtaking is not a problem.

Next to Cricieth there is the Bourne Leisure UK flagship holiday park with every family friendly activity you could wish for, cheap camping spot to a top flight challet, link below
http://www.haven.com/parks/north_wales_blackpool/hafan_y_mor/index.aspx

How are the ticket sales going and when is the next Merc meeting as I would like to attend some small gathering soon as poss?
:D

Okay, I’ve read enough to see there is some long discussions on the MBClub GTG location, I’m new to this sort of thing but let me add a couple of points that may be a little bias due to the fact I own a holiday chalet near to Cricieth which I go to with family in the AMG most weekends.
So living in Cheshire, the drive to Cricieth can either be done on the all new M55/A55 straight through to Caernarfon, then on to the stunning A487 single lane last road straight in to Cricieth, time approx 2 hours, from the South come off the M6 and use A5, everyone must drive through Bala at least once in their life time, it’s an inspiring driving road which is free of cameras! I even drop off the A55 and go through Betws Y Coed just to use the roads and enjoy the views, traffic is the same as anywhere else in the UK, rush hours are not so good the rest of the time is superb, overtaking is not a problem.

<snipped for brevity>
:D

Thank you dvb427 - as I've said before - some great roads in the area to drive . I trust that we wil see you there.

Everything seems to of gone quiet on the National GTG front.

do we have enough people to do this and is there any update to the events held on the day(s)?

cheers

Derek

But will the snow and ice have cleared by then :dk: :eek:

The sheep are never normally an issue!

How many did we need to make it work financially? By my reckoning we've got 37 + 1 baby.

With Christmas well and truly over, is it now time for a new marketing campaign?

I'm sure The Boss can chip in with a few ideas :)

I need to book a hotel for this actually???

Those NOT camping may want to choose hotels so we are all in the same place-handy for getting a block discount and for some late night drinking....

I need to book a hotel for this actually???

Those NOT camping may want to choose hotels so we are all in the same place-handy for getting a block discount and for some late night drinking....
That would be a good idea :thumb:

To save me trawling through all the posts. When and where is this event?

Happy to bring a STAR machine or two if I come along.

To save me trawling through all the posts. When and where is this event?

Happy to bring a STAR machine or two if I come along.
Event details

A date for your diary.

The first national MB Club meeting will be held on

Sunday 27th June 2010

We'll be opening the gates to ticket holders at 9.00 am

Overnight camping (details below) is available for those who wish to arrive on Saturday 26th June 2010 with gates opening at midday

The address is

Syntur
Rhoslan
Criccieth
Gwynedd
LL52 0NA

Sorry, we've been a bit quiet over the last few weeks - speaking for myself, I've been snowed under with work as soon as I get the backlog cleared (end of next week) I'll be back on the case.

Yes, we will be pushing the advertising and contacting the traders who have expressed an interest in being at the meeting.

It will be going ahead and hopefully as we gather some momentum more people will sign up - although they have missed the early ticket discount.

Hi all, I'm very new to this forum. anyway just wondering a few things.

A) where most of the people are staying?
I plan on going up with my girlfriend. Anyway long story short, we would like to stay where the most forum members are so we can all have a chit-chat (her words not mine). I certainly hope it has smoking terace I would love to have a cigar or two. I might bring a few spares for some of you too (further more move to point C).

B) Tickets! How do I buy multiple tickets? I can assume this has probably been answered but I can't find it anywhere. If I do i'll remove this one.

C) If I can make it, and a few of you do want cigars, maybe a box split? I can organise something special if people want. It doesn't have to be Cuban if people are concerned about cost, I know some very nice non cuban cigars that smoke very very well.

D) The car really isn't much to look at many people have keyed it, its has one or two dents. I know a few people are subconscious over their bodies. I'm quite subconscious about the body work of the car. Does this matter? I know there will be a show and shine part to the event.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom