2010 W212 - Anyone got the code to pair a phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
I'm picking up a 2010 W212 today.

Has anyone got the code to pair a phone with the MB handsfree setup?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to pair to COMAND using the inbuilt Bluetooth just make sure your phone is discoverable and select "search for devices" from the head unit menu.

The head unit will generate a random passcode when you start to initiate a connection that is displayed on the COMAND screen and you have to confirm on your phone. Job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to pair to COMAND using the inbuilt Bluetooth just make sure your phone is discoverable and select "search for devices" from the head unit menu.

The head unit will generate a random passcode when you start to initiate a connection that is displayed on the COMAND screen and you have to confirm on your phone. Job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellah

The actual process turned out to be to enter 0000 in the head unit and then in the phone.

Got a feeling that's the code on your phone rather than on the car.

The actual process turned out to be to enter 0000 in the head unit and then in the phone.

Just like st13phil explained, 0000 falls well in the range of "any code". You cannot be seriously claiming that only "0000" worked?

Just like st13phil explained, 0000 falls well in the range of "any code". You cannot be seriously claiming that only "0000" worked?

I'm not seriously claiming anything, just explaining what happened.

When the head unit said "enter the code" the dealer told me to enter "0000" which I did.

I don't know if it's the only code or whether I could have entered something else.

When the head unit said "enter the code" the dealer told me to enter "0000" which I did.
Yes, you could enter any 4-digit code you wish at that point, then you have to enter the same code on your phone.

The later COMAND head units automatically generate a random 6-digit passcode that displays on the COMAND screen and your phone asks you to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom