2012 C250 W204 Sat Nav and iPod Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommy060289

Car
Mercedes-Benz C250
Hey everyone,

today I took my first steps in to MB ownership and put a deposit on C250 2012 which I believe is also known as a W204.

It is a sport model so has the pre-wiring for the Becker Map Pilot but I am just wondering what my options are for integrating sat nav as well as my iPod.

The easiest way to get sat nav would be to get a Becker Map Pilot off ebay and then add this from what I can tell but then how can I get some form of iPod integration so I can control the ipod from the car as well as change tracks, volume, etc. I have seen this:

Mercedes Retrofit | Mercedes Comand Installation | Car Navigation | In-car Entertainment | UK

That does seem expensive though and Surrey is a long way from home for me so does anyone know if you can get this kit cheaper anywhere else and how hard is it to install? Also, are the kits plug and play or do they need coding?

Other options I have considered is the Navigation 20 upgrade but I don't think this is compatible with my year of car. Is this correct?

The final option is to retrofit the comand system but I don't know an aweful lot about this so if people could give me some info then it would be much appreciated. Chiefly, what advantages does the comand system give me and how much would I expect to pay either for just the parts or to have it retrofitted (I believe you have to code the vehicle so will probably need to pay for fitment anyway).

Cheers,

Tom

Any idea on cost of comand retrofit?

As for the ipod integration, i dont think it has the media interface but how would I tell? From what I could see it just had the standard usb port and aux in the armrest.

Of those kits do I just need the media interface fitting. I think the car has bluetooth audio streaming but the dealer didnt think it had the media interface for the ipod?

It wont have media interface unless it has the optional Audio 20 with 6 disc changer or Comand.

Why not just put your ipod library onto a USB pendrive or harddrive and use the USB port the car already has? If you have to have a hardwired ipod connection then you need the media interface which will need fitting and coding on MB STAR diagnostics.

I am starting to think I may struggle to get an iPod kit fitted so am now wondering what my other options are with regards to the USB port in the arm rest.

If I plug in a USB Stick with my music library on, will the USB be ok with AAC format files, and can you put play lists on a USB key. Also, are there any other limitations such as 1,000 song limit, etc.

What happens if I plug my ipod in to the USB but with disc mode enabled, will the ipod still only charge or will the USB what is on the iPod as if another MP3 player has been plugged in. Again, can it read play lists or only songs that are on there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom