2013 Mercedes Benz E-Class Avantgarde or Sport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tintin1987

Car
Toyota Aurion
Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a 2013 Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Saloon (in the older 4 square lights look) but am unsure on the Avantgarde or the Sports model?

From what I can gather the Avantgarde has full leather seats and is more of a luxury feel to it?

The Sport version has half leather bucket looking seats and has a bit more control?

Can anyone advise me which one is worth more? Which is the better buy if they were the same price? How much I should be purchasing the car for if it did say, 30,000 miles?

Much appreciate. I am very new to MB and any feedback would be fantastic!!

I have a 2011 E250 Auto Sport estate, full leather, AMG pack. Great car, 50mpg easily attained and that's with a remap giving 255bhp and 510nm torque.
Goes like a steam train and handles well with no crashiness over bumps.

I bought an E350CDI new in 2011 and gave this question a great deal of thought.

Ultimately, the Sport model looks sharper, but if it doesn't have a pano roof the black headliner makes for a very oppressive interior feel. The suspension settings are the same, but the ride in the Avantgarde is better than the Sport due to 17-inch wheels rather than 18's. On a 4-pot car, the Sport gets Direct Steering (a variable ratio rack - nb: not variable assistance, variable ratio) which makes it feel a bit different.

In the end I chose to buy Avantgarde. IMO, it's the better overall package, but the Sport variant is the one most other people went for. Prices for an Avantgarde spec car are generally a bit softer than those for one in Sport trim.

I tried a Avantgarde and a Sport before settling on mine.
Suspension was too soft for me, rolled more on cornering and steering not as sharp.
I like a sporty drive whereas others may like the softer handling of the other models.
Everyone's different though

I can't get past the 4-spoke steering wheel, which AGs have until very late on. The 3-spoke Sport steering wheel is much more appealing to me. Some have the Sport wheel, but most not. Perhaps it was an option?

I suppose it's a bit like the switch from hockey stick DRLs on the facelift. During the changeover, some have them, some not.

It is not allowing me to start a new thread so i apoligise for jumping in on your thread.I am about to buy a 15 reg C class.I live near Central London.I am completely in the dark over the proposes new charges on Diesel Cars.Does anyone know how i can find out what the implications are for buying a Diesel or should i be thinking about a Petrol C class.Many thanks.

I can't get past the 4-spoke steering wheel, which AGs have until very late on. The 3-spoke Sport steering wheel is much more appealing to me. Some have the Sport wheel, but most not. Perhaps it was an option?

I suppose it's a bit like the switch from hockey stick DRLs on the facelift. During the changeover, some have them, some not.

I've got the three spoke steering wheel with paddle change, which I love. The auto box is really responsive to manual changes, who needs a manual?

Think diesel a no no in central London unless euro 6 engine , why not google the info on likely future restrictions. Petrol seems the way to go from what I have read especially if you live in central London

I've got the three spoke steering wheel with paddle change, which I love. The auto box is really responsive to manual changes, who needs a manual?

I think both wheels have paddles, just don't like the look of the AG wheel

I think both wheels have paddles, just don't like the look of the AG wheel

Haven't seen the four spoke, bit I know the Avantgarde didn't have paddles.
Well the one I drove didn't[emoji1]

As attached - both have paddles. 3-spoke 'shiny' wheel is on a late 2012 Avantgarde, 4-spoke is what most of them have. I prefer the old wheel on a W210 or W211 to the modern AG 4-spoke wheel

Attachments

• image-2586050580.jpg
    image-2586050580.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image-2437206613.jpg
    image-2437206613.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom