2014 E350 Bluetec (Euro VI) Tuning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Good evening all. I have a 2014 E350 CDI Bluetec (the Euro VI engine), and I'm looking to fit a tuning box or have it remapped. Does anyone on here have a Euro VI engine with either? If so, I'd value your thoughts.

Nobody, eh? It's academic now, anyway. I went with a TDI box in the end, more on the strength of the one on the E320 than anything else. I had the engine oil and filter changed - it had done 10K miles - and the gearbox serviced (due in 2.5K miles) as a precaution, and fitted the box today.

In the 'factory' mode setting - fourth out of seven - TDI claim 302 bhp and 507 ft.lb. of torque, with another 10 bhp and 23 lb.ft. to come if it is set to Mode 7. I'm going to put it on a dyno next week, so I'll see what it is making as stock, then in Mode 4, and lastly in Mode 7. I'll post the results on here.

I'm pretty impressed. The mid-range difference in particular is very marked. Turbo lag? Not so as you'd notice. It just pulls smoothly and hard, with only a slight increase in sound in the cabin, all the way through the rev range; iron fist in velvet glove, rather than the great hairy-chested creature that is an E55K. I'd imagine the power delivery is more like a V12's now.

It's still a pretty civilised car, though; it is by no stretch of the imagination a hooligan tool. I like it a lot, nevertheless; it will do me fine until the E55k estate I'm looking for - one clergyman owner (yea, verily, it goeth like stink...), mint condition, 50K miles, FSH, Tanzanite with a light interior - comes on the market.

More anon once it has been on the dyno.

I have one of these which is plenty quick enough for me, but I have wondered what difference tuning would make.

I will be interested in your update.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom