2015 E350CDI buying advice...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr pies

Car
Audi A4
Hi guys. Are there any common major (expensive) problems/reliability issues with these?
I tend to think not as you see so many of them being used as taxis.

Are there any optional extras that you would deem as must haves? Is the sport better for standard options/ generally a nicer place to be in terms of sets etc?

Annoyingly I only do 12,000 miles a year so I really don't warrant a diesel but I need the load space for the dog & mountain bike, plus I just love the E class.

Sort of models I'm looking at...

Mercedes-Benz E Class E350 BlueTEC AMG Line Premium 5dr 9G-Tronic 3.0

Hi guys. Are there any common major (expensive) problems/reliability issues with these?

Are there any optional extras that you would deem as must haves? Is the sport better for standard options/ generally a nicer place to be in terms of sets etc?

Annoyingly I only do 12,000 miles a year so I really don't warrant a diesel but I need the load space for the dog & mountain bike, plus I just love the E class.

Won't it be in warranty, can't you get an extended warranty if your worried

Won't it be in warranty, can't you get an extended warranty if your worried

Yeah true. Sorry, I should have expanded on my question in my first post a little.
Is this engine and gearbox a follow on from the previous generation? Did it suffer any major problems I should be cautious about?

There don't appear to be any commonly reported gearbox/engine issues with these.

Although the Taxis are generally E220d.

The E350CDI is a lovely car: refined, a good ride, loads of space and enough performance to make it fun. Reliability is very good in general.

Pre-facelift, the Avantgarde was, imo, a better compromise than the Sport but that option doesn't exist with the facelift cars. In Sport guise the interior can be a bit oppressive in black with the black headliner unless the car has a Pano roof. Other than that, nice options are the split/fold rear seat and the Driving Assistance Package. If you can find one with Dynamic Multicontour seats they're superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that's a pre-facelift car. Jay (Mercland) has a good reputation for good cars and honest dealing, so it would be worth a look if it's the sort of car you're looking for.

Pre-facelift has the traditional MB grille and star on the bonnet, it also has a "five tube" instrument cluster; Facelift cars have the big star grille and a "three tube" instrument cluster.

This car is virtually same as mine, I purchased my car new last year and it was one of the last few made, I have tinted windows, full leather but no pano roof.

The 9G box is excellent, I always drive mine in sport mode which is much better and as I rarely do urban driving makes no discernible difference in mpg.

The engine is very smooth with lots of get up and go, it's also extremely quiet for a diesel.

I have the ILS which is awesome, I cannot recall if it was specified on yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This car is virtually same as mine, I purchased my car new last year and it was one of the last few made, I have tinted windows, full leather but no pano roof.

The 9G box is excellent, I always drive mine in sport mode which is much better and as I rarely do urban driving makes no discernible difference in mpg.

The engine is very smooth with lots of get up and go, it's also extremely quiet for a diesel.

I have the ILS which is awesome, I cannot recall if it was specified on yours.

Thanks for the reply. What is ILS and what are you seeing mpg wise? Also do they come with xenons as standard?

ILS is intelligent Lighting System, a great feature :)

ILS is intelligent Lighting System, a great feature :)

Best headlights ever in a car. I love the way they corner with the road and the high beam assist works pretty much all the time.

Iv just bought a pre facelift E350 CDI coupe in metallic white. A great car with a super engine. You wouldn't know it was a diesel from the inside..

Mr pies said:
Thanks for the reply. What is ILS and what are you seeing mpg wise? Also do they come with xenons as standard?

The ILS system is LED based so not xenons. But they are a league and a half ahead of any xenon equipped car I've driven - great range and visibility, and the automatic high beam "shuttering" is a wonder to behold.

Mine is a 2013 facelift and 8 months in, not a rattle or any warning light or a penny spent. I would think the one you're looking at would be similar.

Going straight for the 350D is a good idea, it won't be much thirstier than the E220 but it seems a lot more powerful and sounds nicer.

Facelift to me is quite important as it's a time when manufacturers start addressing issues from the previous model, if you can, get the facelift one. I am waiting for the E-class facelift, it's gonna be a long wait :D

The ILS system is LED based so not xenons.
True for the facelift cars, but the pre-facelift ones had a xenon ILS.

st13phil said:
True for the facelift cars, but the pre-facelift ones had a xenon ILS.

OK. Was basing my comment on the car the OP originally linked, which is facelift so LED ILS.

I see some have answered about the ILS, yes it is awesome and makes night driving enjoyable.

I get on average 35 to 38 mpg, when I was in France on their auto routes I was touching 50 mpg at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom