2016 C43 remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan43

Car
C220
Hi All,

New to this forum as I have just bought a C43 coupe, I have been looking around at potential remaps\performance tuning however I can't seem to find much on line and was looking for advice on where to start? :dk:

Al

Give Acid at MSL Birmingham a call to see if any maps have been developed for this model.
MSL are a recommended tuner of the Mercedes brand, especially AMG models.

07765 444447

Last edited:
DMS are one of the first few UK based companies to have cracked the ecu on the new w205 c63. May be worth giving them sering what they have to say about the C43.

Thank you both, I will give them a try and post how I get on

DMS have done a number of these and expect an increase to about 440bhp and 462lb.ft of torque, will be looking to get it booked in soon.

Thanks again for the info.

Please let us know how you get on. I've been looking for somewhere to take mine too. 3 months of normal power so I think I am now ready for a little bit more...

Brabus also have a performance kit for the C43 - PowerXtra B30-410.

It's at a premium price though, but you do keep the Mercedes warranty if it's fitted by one of their approved Mercedes dealers.

DMS have done a number of these and expect an increase to about 440bhp and 462lb.ft of torque, will be looking to get it booked in soon.

Thanks again for the info.

I know that DMS have tuned quite a few E400s to around 462bhp which is pretty much the same engine as the C43.

Flash said:
I know that DMS have tuned quite a few E400s to around 462bhp which is pretty much the same engine as the C43.

Do you happen to know what's involved, is it simply a remap or is anything else involved, in addition to approximate cost?

That's a very big increase from the 330hp in standard form. I'd be wary of claims of that much without mechanical changes.

EDIT, they claim 396hp on their website. A 34 hp increase over the standard 362hp C43, which is more like it.

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/upgrades/mercedes-amg-c400-amg-w205/

Any of the 400 or 43 V6TT engines will remap to circa 400hp as they stand, for more than that you'll need to start changing stuff.

Last edited:
I will post results in the next few days, on a side note does anyone know
If C43 has launch control and if so how do you activate?

Alan43 said:
I will post results in the next few days, on a side note does anyone know If C43 has launch control and if so how do you activate?

No launch control, that's about all that's missing though.

I'll be dead keen to hear of your results and experience. Particularly how a map integrates with the dynamic select functions and 9 speed gearbox.

Thanks

So the remap has been done and I must say I'm very impressed at the results. It was done by DMS which was very professional. Unfortunately I was unable to get it into a dyno before the map but after it the results were 411 bhp and 413 ft lbs torque, this was running on standard fuel which I will be running through with Vpower from now on and will then test again. I will try upload the output later.

Do you happen to know what's involved, is it simply a remap or is anything else involved, in addition to approximate cost?

Unfortunately, I cannot recall exactly what was done but yes hardware modifications were made in addition to the remap as per the quick chat I had with a two E400 owners.

Thought you always needed Super fuel for the C43 also how much did it cost for the remap and assume Mercedes warranty is out the window now?

DRIVER200 said:
Thought you always needed Super fuel for the C43 also how much did it cost for the remap and assume Mercedes warranty is out the window now?

Second that on Super Unleaded, believe it says 96 Ron inside the filler cap - with a note in the handbook regarding lower performance if normal unleaded is used.

DMS quoted me £1000 + VAT for their 436bhp mod on the C43.

Artisan77 said:
Had my C43 estate mapped at DMS and left with 451 bhp and 481 torques :D

Just out of curiosity any ideas what that does to your 0-60 time?

Well done guys on the remap. Can you both post your graphs please as would be interesting to see the curves on the new C43.

Cheers Jules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom