2017 e class coupe AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jb2112

Car
2017 e class coupe amg
OMG!! Its my very first MB and likely to be my last. For a 55k car it's rattling badly from the rear door panels and for a new car it's really poor. Its going back to the dealer to see if they can resolve the problems but it's so disappointing - after I've owned five BMW's with no rattling issues/no problems at all. Has anyone else had similar problems??

Thanks
JB

OMG!! Its my very first MB and likely to be my last. For a 55k car it's rattling badly from the rear door panels and for a new car it's really poor. Its going back to the dealer to see if they can resolve the problems but it's so disappointing - after I've owned five BMW's with no rattling issues/no problems at all. Has anyone else had similar problems??

Thanks
JB
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I bought my E Class earlier this year (6 months old 4K miles) and I’m still in the process of getting the rattles sorted.

I’m guessing yours in the new shape whereas mine is the last of the previous model.

To be fair the dealership I bought it from are bending over backwards to sort it. We are now at the point of replacing panels, some of which are on back order.

is this the new model E class coupe with the large TFT screens?

if so, this is not good!

I don't think they are making the new AMG E-Coupe. Looking at the OP post he mentions 55K. Kompressor ?

I don't think they are making the new AMG E-Coupe. Looking at the OP post he mentions 55K. Kompressor ?

I think OP means £55,000

There was never an E class coupe 55 Kompressor

Last edited:
That would also p**s me off.

Got to say my 2016 E350 S212 is totally silent, I know that is not helpful but good luck in getting it sorted.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
JB

I know how you feel. I bought a 2 year old CLS and had creaks, vibrations etc from the rear and sunroof I have never heard of having owned Hondas, VWs and BMWs that were MUCH OLDER!!!! Cant figure this out. It appears most when the days are warm and I get plastic expansion. I used to live in Australia and the QLD sun was a million times hotter but never had these issues. Still sorting some of these out with the dealer in fact and I have had it for 2 months. Annoying to say the least!!!

The car has now been back to MB three times and it's still creaking/vibratinG/ rattling. It's a shame but I'm now seriously thinking about part ex'ing it for an Audi S5 . I've lost interest in the car to be frank and am not really impressed by the build quality of it - even though owners have said MB cars are very well built/engineered. I think it's going to be my one (and only) foray into MB ownership ☹️ By the way guys it's an AMG LINE car ( as there's not yet an E class coupe full AMG (E63s) car out there yet. It wasn't cheap - it's fully loaded with all of the packages and every driver aid/accessory apart from HUD. I could have got a second hand 911 for what this cost ( or a brand new S5 coupe)!

I've had a number of VW GOLFS/BMW's/Audi's and none of them rattled or used such low quality plastics in the cabin/trim as the MB. Feel gutted as I so wanted the car to be superb.

Last edited:
If its that bad tell the dealer you are rejecting it as its not fit for purpose

IF YOU ARE EVEN CONSIDERING A NEW E CLASS COUPE PLEASE READ THIS FIRST...

I've had my car for five months and during that time it has been back to the dealers four times to try to fix rattles and badly fitting interior panels - to no avail. I regret buying the car and am so disappointed I have started to leave it unlocked in the hope someone will nick it ( yes, I unlock the car even after its auto-locked ). It's quite frankly poor quality, plastics are shoddy and cheap, the dealer advises the creaks and rattles are 'known issues' but can't fix them and I think much of the MB franchise and whole 'upper class' approach is completely baseless as IMHO many of their cars are old-fashioned, interior are dated and I feel sorry for buyers who spend hard earned cash on a very average car. Audi manufacture the best interiors and are better quality/feel much nicer. BMW the same - plus the cars are more for a sporty driver & seem to handle much better. I wanted to like my first MB but at the moment it's a toss up between taking this piece of crap..... or the bus.

Wowsers, your dealer really has upset you Jb2112. Is it just the creaking, or are there other issues?

Have you tried taking it to a different dealership to see if you receive better service and to give them a chance to resolve the issues? It might be better a better plan than delibrately leaving your car unlocked, and telling the world - if your insurance company work out it's you then they may (will) not pay out.

He says the rear doors on his Coupe are rattling??? Maybe that’s the issue, it doesn’t have any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF YOU ARE EVEN CONSIDERING A NEW E CLASS COUPE PLEASE READ THIS FIRST...

I've had my car for five months and during that time it has been back to the dealers four times to try to fix rattles and badly fitting interior panels - to no avail. I regret buying the car and am so disappointed I have started to leave it unlocked in the hope someone will nick it ( yes, I unlock the car even after its auto-locked ). It's quite frankly poor quality, plastics are shoddy and cheap, the dealer advises the creaks and rattles are 'known issues' but can't fix them and I think much of the MB franchise and whole 'upper class' approach is completely baseless as IMHO many of their cars are old-fashioned, interior are dated and I feel sorry for buyers who spend hard earned cash on a very average car. Audi manufacture the best interiors and are better quality/feel much nicer. BMW the same - plus the cars are more for a sporty driver & seem to handle much better. I wanted to like my first MB but at the moment it's a toss up between taking this piece of crap..... or the bus.

Could I ask "Have you the standard or the optional air suspension?" 19inch wheels and British Roads don't make good bedfellows?

He says the rear doors on his Coupe are rattling??? Maybe that’s the issue, it doesn’t have any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JBD, are you sure you're a petrolhead? I didn't say any back doors were rattling - but the rear door panels ie. Not panels on a set of rear doors, but rear door panels (panels in the rear where doors would be) I do hope that clarifies the position for you.
And yes Graeme, I do have air suspension and yes, I appreciate British roads are crap - esp with bigger wheels ( thanks for the suggestion). However, the rattles and creaks are there all the time while the car is moving. It's going back to the dealer for the fifth time so it'll be interesting to see what explanation they come up with this time. Even the nasty 2.5 CLA loaner was quiet/better built when they were 'resolving' the issue last time! I do appreciate the suggestions guys - please keep em coming if you think you may have an idea what's causing the problem. Short of taking off every door panel on the left side of the car (no, not rear door panels JBD )and filling the door voids with foam - I'm not sure what they'll do...

Last edited:
If I was trying to sort this, i'd take the door panels off and see if there is any noise. Then put one back (having checked the clips are the clips with the extra noise reducing felt ring on them), and see what happens. etc etc
I'd also apply Mercedes felt tape into any rattling gaps. I'd also go out in a demo version of the same car and see if it is quiet - then you know it is possible!! As another poster says, reject the car and get the money back if they can't fix it next time. May focus the dealer's mind.

Hi Guys

Update: the car was in again yesterday - they accept that there is a rattle/creaking etc. They removed the 'door' panels and roof panel and secured everything but said they'd need it back as they have ordered some special 'grease' which they need to resolve it (!). I did ask what they were going to use it on but the service receptionist didn't know. Any ideas ? (Polite/non-perverted ones please)..

Really sorry to hear of your problems, did the car have these issues from the start?
I took delivery of a fully loaded E400 Coupe 3 weeks ago and just come from a BMW 640d and cannot praise this car enough.
Yes it’s early days, but I’m very pleased so far, no issues and feel the build quality is as good as my 6 Series.
My only disappointment, was finding out the dash top and door card tops are Artico (read vynyl) after shelling out £1695 for the nappa leather option.

Hope they sort it for you soon so that you can begin to enjoy the car

It's great you're happy with your car - as you know they're far from cheap - so it's good you've made the right choice. I wanted a 400 but they weren't due for a further 9 months.

Good luck and happy driving!
JB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom