2017 E63s 4matic ex demo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks good in silver too. I think I'd pop a matte PPF on that

I paid a lot more than that for my new E63s. After I looked at several demonstrators around the country but the spec wasn’t what I would order on any of them....

3 weeks until mine comes it. Not going to lie, it's been a 5 month wait and I'd been looking at cancelling and picking up an ex-demo but didn't work out in the end. Better this way, though. These cars have a fairly delicate 1000 mile run in period that Mercedes supposedly gets a bit iffy about if not done right. I'd like to know it wasn't thrashed early on.

3 weeks until mine comes it. Not going to lie, it's been a 5 month wait and I'd been looking at cancelling and picking up an ex-demo but didn't work out in the end. Better this way, though. These cars have a fairly delicate 1000 mile run in period that Mercedes supposedly gets a bit iffy about if not done right. I'd like to know it wasn't thrashed early on.
They don’t let anyone out on their own during demo run in period....

You don’t need to be on your own. When I went for a demo I was actively encouraged by the salesperson to give it the full beans, and it only had 88miles on the clock. Maybe other dealerships are different, but I’d never buy an ex demo from there!

You don’t need to be on your own. When I went for a demo I was actively encouraged by the salesperson to give it the full beans, and it only had 88miles on the clock. Maybe other dealerships are different, but I’d never buy an ex demo from there!
Yikes! I’d agree with you there, but in MB North Wales/Warrington/Cheshire Oaks/Liverpool (basically Inchcape) they won’t!

I was pretty surprised on how specific the run in period was for the E43. No Sport+ and no revs over 4000rpm. Fortunately I was away travelling with work for a while in September and MrsG did most of the running in.

Porsche on the other hand just told you to warm the car up (oil temp guage) before giving the car lots of revs, without any other specific running in recommendations.

Yikes! I’d agree with you there, but in MB North Wales/Warrington/Cheshire Oaks/Liverpool (basically Inchcape) they won’t!

They obviously care about their cars more up north! Maybe in central london they're simply more used to everyone acting like a complete **** as soon as they get behind the wheel.

Its not just Mercedes though. When I bought my F-Type the salesperson said he was bored of me driving it within its limits, so asked me to sit in the passenger seat for a while. He proceeded to drive it like a maniac through incredibly narrow country lanes. It scared me half to death, but it made me want one even more. Again, I would never buy an ex-demo from there, even if the wait for a factory order is an incredibly painful experience.

I'm sure they don't let anyone out in the cars alone period, especially not a £100k, 612hp car, but when I went for a test drive, the salesperson encouraged me to give it an absolute walloping. Wallop I did. Ordered the car the next day. It's how they sell these things. No one wants to drive an E63S like an E220d. You just don't get to feel how special the car is, otherwise.

Every time I think about the depreciation I laugh.. and cry. A lot.
When I look at the depreciation on this stuff, I wonder what the original owner of my Cl thought after driving it 8000 miles and losing over £105k on it. Think I would have blubbed a bit too.

When I look at the depreciation on this stuff, I wonder what the original owner of my Cl thought after driving it 8000 miles and losing over £105k on it. Think I would have blubbed a bit too.

Yeah. I'm mentally prepared for a loss of about £40-50k or so, over the next 3 to 4 years. It'll happen, but whatever, man. Tomorrow is promised to no one, etc. We must indulge our vices, no?

Now I just need to earn enough to afford a McLaren, next. That's the plan for the end of 2018 or start of 2019. 720S has my heart at the moment! The madness never stops, eh?

Yeah. I'm mentally prepared for a loss of about £40-50k or so, over the next 3 to 4 years. It'll happen, but whatever, man. Tomorrow is promised to no one, etc. We must indulge our vices, no?

Now I just need to earn enough to afford a McLaren, next. That's the plan for the end of 2018 or start of 2019. 720S has my heart at the moment! The madness never stops, eh?
I like your style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom