2018 C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
what do folks think of the new Audi style TFT dials/screen of the facelift C class?

The mouse pad is much sleeker too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not too bothered about the TFT dials, although I'm old school and would prefer real dials. I have to admit that I've never found a use for the touchpad thingy - just the rotary knob, which appears to have gone missing.

Not a fan of that new wheel layout - Why move the cruise from a perfectly good stalk to buttons on the wheel? and then over crowd the other side with the normal home/scroll buttons etc?

Nice dials though tbf.

One of the reasons why i dislike the interiors of most of the recent mercs is the daft, thick bezelled, display sticking out of the middle of the dash.

One of the reasons why I love the latest E class is the beautiful enclosed, almost wrap-around display from the dials all the way across to the infotainment display. That looks really cool!

I hope thats how they proceed going forward.

Always looks like they have popped into Curry's for the Ipad as an after thought !!!

Totally agree about the wheel, far too much going on....not a great fan of the digital dash, guess I'm an old analogue dial kind of person!

Well the iPad is still there, not the greatest fan originally, but after 12 months of using it there's a lot worse out there and dare I say it I've grown to quite like it.

RR

Hmm... Thanks for posting the video. Not too excited about the changes myself, I quite like the current interior.

I quite like the new dials however I agree about the steering wheel, the original is fine as it is. I also like the command screen, I think its vertical position makes it easy to read in sunlight etc. However I do agree with the comments regarding the E Class enclosed display, a part of me was hoping they'd introduce it on the face lift C Class however I guess it would need a whole new dash.

Liam

I have just had the benefit of driving a brand new C250d for the weekend from my local dealer as I won a competition !!!.. the things I really don't like are..its a noisy diesel !!! ...the read out of fuel consumption is only marginally better than mine !!!! compared to my quiet CGI C250...the visual display unit for nav,music etc etc is to big !! it doesn't fold away as to be discreet like mine does..the boot seems less easy to load and my better half tells me there is slightly less room in the back due curvature of design.. having said that the front seats are very comfy and each segment adjustable..the head lights are even better than mine... but I struggle to think of a reason why I would want a new one at 36 plus k !!..twin sunroof ,AMG alloys plus other extras.. ???!!! because overall the w204 is a better car ...... no doubt !!! ...or am I that lucky I bought a low mileage faultless C250 CGI. ??the only car I,d give it up for would be a late W204 C350 CGI..... foxy52

Last edited:
I was about to write something about that "O-shit-we-forgot-a-place-to-put-the-infotainment-panel-oh-what-the-heck-just-put-it-somewhere-in-the-middle"
but most guys here already commented on it. I would gladly own a C-class (Coupé) but the stupid "I-pad" thing that sticks out and looks malplaced makes me
hold on to the C207 E-class Coupé that I drive although the platform really is a C with the E "Bells and whistles". Someone at Mercedes obviously thaught that designing an interior like that would appeal to the intended buyers (young people of the internet generation).

Hey Mercedes, Take a look at Tesla (A "bit" big though) or Volvo S90. They made a much better job placing the touch panels...

2018-mercedes-glc-f-cell-official-image.jpg
2018-mercedes-c-class-plug-in-hybrid-facelift-screenshot-from-spy-video.jpg

You almost expect to see a stuck-on tablet dashboard mount behind it - obviously designed just before they rushed off to lunch.

I have just had the benefit of driving a brand new C250d for the weekend from my local dealer as I won a competition !!!.. the things I really don't like are..its a noisy diesel !!! ...the read out of fuel consumption is only marginally better than mine !!!! compared to my quiet CGI C250...the visual display unit for nav,music etc etc is to big !! it doesn't fold away as to be discreet like mine does..the boot seems less easy to load and my better half tells me there is slightly less room in the back due curvature of design.. having said that the front seats are very comfy and each segment adjustable..the head lights are even better than mine... but I struggle to think of a reason why I would want a new one at 36 plus k !!..twin sunroof ,AMG alloys plus other extras.. ???!!! because overall the w204 is a better car ...... no doubt !!! ...or am I that lucky I bought a low mileage faultless C250 CGI. ??the only car I,d give it up for would be a late W204 C350 CGI..... foxy52

I probably should have lent you my petrol C Class instead of the 250d, so you could make a better comparison against the current car. Glad you’re happy with the 204 though [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do prefer the widescreen display.

Drove a BMW with widescrern display in the US, the fact that you can have the SatNav on one half and the music system on the other means I can use the navigation while other members of my family fiddle with the music (no pun intended).

I was hoping the facelift would have the latest E Class dash layout, have decided to go with a W204 C63 instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom