2018 CLS - Spy Shots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2019-mercedes-benz-cls-spy-photo.jpg

2018-mercedes-cls-spy-photo.jpg

2018-mercedes-cls-spy-photo.jpg

This is really interesting - without the fake body panels it looks like a return towards the clean classic shape of the original CLS

I really hope this works. I think the W205 and W213 got MB's styling mojo back in the right direction. This looks like a continuation of that process.

Definitely better than the 218, and as Dryce said, closer to the 219 though still not quite as good looking. Final opinion reserved until the fake panels come off.

Reactions: Kei
Facelift 218 is a thing of beauty.

I'm sorry, but I really prefer 218 look, for me still the best looking cls (and own it yeaaaah)

I think the 219 is "the" CLS but I love a facelifted 218 - very stylish but just didn't feel "special" enough for me when I drove it.

Interested to see if this new one is dummed-down and more corporate or more of a hark back to something "out there" like a 219 when they first came out with bold styling.

Can't wait for this to be unveiled. I think they were touting November at the LA motor show.

Definitely on my wish list probably in used format in a couple of years.

The back doesn't match the front.
The front is all sharp and aggressive.
The rear is soft and cuddly.

Reactions: Ala
I agree with mat8n.. it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis - sharp suited up front and track-suited slob at the rear. The side profile flows beautifully as ever.

I've had both the 219 and 218 and loved each of them equally, not sure about the front end of the new car, hope it's better without the disguise. The rear looks pure Mercedes Coupe whereas previously the CLS has had a place of its own and rightly so.

I still love the road presence of both CLS, I still look at the delivery miles 218s and 219 CLS63 and Grand Editions.....the C63 is a great car, but I think the CLS stands for everything Mercedes.

RR

It looks awesome of course but I was expecting better...They could have improved the lines and aerodynamic...

Looks a bit "Audi A5 coupe" at the back.

There's a lot of 219 in that side profile, particularly when the bumper is all body colour instead of camoflague.

Can' wait to see this uncovered next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom