2018 Mercedes AMG GT Roadster Spied

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark0006

Car
190e
2018 Mercedes AMG GT Roadster Spied

[YOUTUBE]m3NGzyrvceg[/YOUTUBE]

Must be confusing for someone looking for a fast convertible to have this and the SL as rivals from the same manufacturer I would have thought.

Williamwoo said:
Must be confusing for someone looking for a fast convertible to have this and the SL as rivals from the same manufacturer I would have thought.

Totally different cars and driving experience.

Red C220 said:
Interesting to see if this is a hard or soft top.

It's a soft top

V8 Animal said:
Soft top so a backward step imo. The SL covers that market very well.

Know where your coming from but having owned a sl63 r231 and the the GTS I would consider a soft tops GTS. I loved my SL and had a lot of work done to it and is a much better cruiser but is not in the same ballpark as a drivers car. Even if the GTS cab lost a bit from having the roof removed I would still take it any day of the week over the SL based on everything apart from comfy cruising!

They aren't in the same segment even if the price is close.

Totally different cars and driving experience.

Not sure how you can describe them as ‘totally different cars’ when they’re both front-engined, turbocharged, petrol-powered, automatic, rear-wheel drive, 2-door, 2-seater convertibles! However, I don’t doubt you’re right about their distinct driving characteristics.

They are very different to drive and live with. There are a number of rear wheel drive turbo cabs which don't fall into the same category as the SL or the GTS. Having owned both I can say they aren't aimed at the same market or driver.

Not sure how you can describe them as ‘totally different cars’ when they’re both front-engined, turbocharged, petrol-powered, automatic, rear-wheel drive, 2-door, 2-seater convertibles! However, I don’t doubt you’re right about their distinct driving characteristics.

They are really very different to drive. Just because they are both front engined and rear wheels drive, doesn't mean they are at all similar in characteristic. They both take that set up and use it in a completely different way.

There's no way they would have made this a folding hard top, it would be too heavy, would spoil the aesthetic and I'm not convinced it would be possible because of the fastback shape

Rear wheels look concaved and fill the arches better. Also a GTC between the GTS and the GTR coming out, maybe a Targa top.

They are really very different to drive. Just because they are both front engined and rear wheels drive, doesn't mean they are at all similar in characteristic. They both take that set up and use it in a completely different way.

There's no way they would have made this a folding hard top, it would be too heavy, would spoil the aesthetic and I'm not convinced it would be possible because of the fastback shape

I have to confess, I'm losing the plot, having not kept up with modern day cars now. Is an AMG GT more of a cheaper SLS as opposed to the SL being more of a cruiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom